Trump Has A Long Way To Go

Clyde

N

That buffoon is scorching everyone that your favored party has competing for the nomination. What does that say about the other sixteen buffoons or the state of the party? I love seeing the Donald as the Republican king. Even Biden leads Trump and he isn't even an announced candidate. Looks bad for the Republicans gaining the White House for the next several decades.

Zero chance of that happening but what's pitiful is that there are many ignorant people who think that would be a good thing.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that a lot of these Trump supporters aren't going to vote for anyone for president if their guy doesn't cross the finish line first.

I had only thought about it in terms of where his votes would go. Not in terms of them going nowhere.

Nope. Ignorance is not seeing the danger in one party rule. Any party.

Let's see.

The Executive Branch is D. The Legislative branch is R.

Not sure about the one-party rule. Things seem to be gridlocked, as many prefer.

I bet that Gridlock is exactly what the Founding Fathers wanted.

To be honest, I haven't read as much history as I should have. I don't know whether separation of powers was to check the control and influence of one individual or one faction/party.

Let's see.

The Executive Branch is D. The Legislative branch is R.

Not sure about the one-party rule. Things seem to be gridlocked, as many prefer.

Agree although if either party held the presidency for several decades that would hurt the country beyond repair. Would be less damage if it occurred with the legislative branch.

I hope we just keep switching the branches back and forth to maintain some balance.

Democrats ( those in control , not the average dem's who voted them in) couldn't care less about the founding fathers or branch's or process . Obama stated openly " I want to radically change America, and when he can't get it done thru the standard process he just ignores the past and the written law and makes changes on his own. We wouldnt have the mess of the health care system we have now if he would have fought fairly in terms of passing that heap of hot garbage . You don't change 1/8 to 1/7 of the country's GDP along party line vote ! But he see's himself as far smarter than this opposition .

Anyway back closer to the topic Trump is not the darling of the right , he is the darling of the fed up middle , those who think always openly speaking your mind is a good thing . Even when it shouldnt be said . He has no tact and I dont see him as fit to lead our country . No one with a short a fuse as him , with obvious anger issues , should be our leader . I like some of his boldness but he has too uneven a temperament to lead .

And now GOP in Virginia -- N.C. too, I believe -- considering a loyalty oath. Can only get on the GOP primary ballot if you (1) agree to support the eventual nominee and (2) promise not to run as a third-party candidate.

Why do I get the feeling that this might backfire?

Link below:

GOP loyalty oath proposal in Virginia may signal trouble for Donald Trump - The Washington Post

Won't be long and Trump will be the one making the rules for everyone else in the GOP. Everyone may have to play by HIS rules. Anyone heard from Rick Perry lately? lol Trump is dominating the conversation.

Anyway back closer to the topic Trump is not the darling of the right , he is the darling of the fed up middle , those who think always openly speaking your mind is a good thing . Even when it shouldnt be said . He has no tact and I dont see him as fit to lead our country . No one with a short a fuse as him , with obvious anger issues , should be our leader . I like some of his boldness but he has too uneven a temperament to lead .

Many other Presidents have had major anger issues and "uneven" temperaments. I like a President that can show anger. I wish Obama had showed more of the temperament he exhibits now during his first term.