Hey grocery stores

newarkcatholicfan

[h=2][/h] Kroger, Walmart, giant Eagle and the rest of you.

Remember when the local news said grocery stores were raising their prices to off set record high oil prices?

Well as of this week oil is at a 52 week low.

Why hasn't the grocery stores had the local news report prices are going down, because the oil prices have gone down.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[h=2][/h] Kroger, Walmart, giant Eagle and the rest of you.

Remember when the local news said grocery stores were raising their prices to off set record high oil prices?

Why hasn't the grocery stores had the local news report prices are going down, because the oil prices have gone down.

Was out of town last week where gas prices avaraged $2.19 - $2.25. When I left this area a week ago prices were in the $2.30ish range. Got back Saturday and now I see gas at $2.50+. If price per barrel is down, it's not showing around NKY at the pumps brother.

Usually when prices go up, they seldom go back down unless an overly aggressive competitor decides to start a price battle. Otherwise, if they do go back down, it is usually a cataclysmic as in a recession, etc. where the market is shrinking.

Walmart and others have to find some way to pay for the entry-level worker pay increases that they are giving. It will be out of our pocket...not theirs....

Was out of town last week where gas prices avaraged $2.19 - $2.25. When I left this area a week ago prices were in the $2.30ish range. Got back Saturday and now I see gas at $2.50+. If price per barrel is down' date=' it's not showing around NKY at the pumps brother.[/quote']

Some like our friend UKMustang don't mind lining big oils pockets. The price is the price is what he's told me, don't bother looking at logic behind it, you pay it or you don't. If only we all were as wealthy as that dude!

Some like our friend UKMustang don't mind lining big oils pockets. The price is the price is what he's told me, don't bother looking at logic behind it, you pay it or you don't. If only we all were as wealthy as that dude!

If they prove collusion you prosecute. If not it's called the free market. If customers pay it , why should they lower.

I wish gas was 99 cent a gallon. But I also understand how the market works.

You can cry about it until you're blue in the face, but if at the end of the day you're still pulling up to the pump, you're part of the issue, and not even trying to be a part of the solution.

Some like our friend UKMustang don't mind lining big oils pockets. The price is the price is what he's told me' date=' don't bother looking at logic behind it, you pay it or you don't. If only we all were as wealthy as that dude![/quote']

What other businesses do you want to have the govt regulate and limit how they price their products?

[h=2][/h]

Kind of like there being no such thing as a temporary government program.