Kenton County Resource Officer/Sherriff's Office sued for restraining Disabled

Pioneer.Pride

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good gosh! If there's ever video evidence of a guy who is in the wrong line of work it's this. Zero chance he should ever be in a school.

What if the kid fell out of his chair? How is he going to break the fall?

By the comments made by the officer, my pop psychology degree says he has temper issues. A 52 pound kid "swung" at him? So what.

Chuck needs to reassign that guy ASAP.

And where was the damn teacher? You can't let that happen.

This statement has me puzzled a bit:

"Kentucky's school personnel are prohibited from using restraints, especially mechanical restraints, to punish children or as a way to force behavior compliance," said Kim Tandy, executive director of the Children's Law Center, in a news release. "These regulations include school resource officers. These are not situations where law enforcement action was necessary."

I know the rules have changed, because I used to work in a school district, in what you would call the "behavior unit" in which we were trained and had to on many occasions use restraints and physical restraint tactics on unruly students. I'm puzzled because of the above statement by the bolded. If the kid did punch the officer or teacher or staff for that matter, it actually is law enforcement action at that point as the student should be charged. I know many of you are going to say, he's 8, but that does not matter there is no lee way on that., its an automatic charge.

Secondly, this is Covington Schools, wasnt their a parent last fall that went to the school and attacked a resource officer in the building? are these incidents connected or separate events?

Good gosh! If there's ever video evidence of a guy who is in the wrong line of work it's this. Zero chance he should ever be in a school.

What if the kid fell out of his chair? How is he going to break the fall?

By the comments made by the officer, my pop psychology degree says he has temper issues. A 52 pound kid "swung" at him? So what.

Chuck needs to reassign that guy ASAP.

And where was the damn teacher? You can't let that happen.

If that boy fell out of the chair he'd have a dislocated shoulder, easy.

If that officer treats a little kid diagnosed with PTSD that way (the lawsuit says the boy was already diagnosed with PTSD and ADHD) , he shouldn't be reassigned. He should be fired.