Dylan James - Mercer County

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, Boyle Co and Wayne Co lost some key players from last years team. Will anyone give Mercer a run or will they run through the region?

Southwestern is good. They are likely No. 2...or maybe 1b.

Casey County is going to be really good too.

Never know how it'll shake out but, prior to James transferring, Mercer was the favorite. They beat Southwest in the regional tournament last year and retun all starters. Southwest was very balanced but did lose 2 starters including their best player last year (at least in my opinion) in Isaacs as well as their only size real size in Gaskins.

Mercer's size and athleticism is superior to other teams in the 12th. The knock was their inconsistency from the perimeter. For those 2 reasons, all they ever saw was zone. If James plays and teams choose to continue that strategy, he may average 30 PPG!

And I wouldn't sleep on Wayne. They will be just as good as Southwest in my opinion and one of the 3 teams capable of winning 4 games in region. After that, West Jessamine has 2 transfers and will be good, as always. Pulaski has a key transfer as well.

I would go 1 maybe 2 low to mid-major D1 to D2 prospects and 2-3 D2 to NAIA prospects.

At least 3 have/are getting legitimate D1 interest. To me, that's a D1 "prospect" or prospective player. As far as how many will actually play D1, I agree with Wireman; maybe 1 or 2.

What I'm much more certain about is that they now have 4 top 10 players in the region. And I think that, as the year progresses, there's a good chance they'll have 3 of the top 6. That's what I'm more concerned about!

At least 3 have/are getting legitimate D1 interest. To me, that's a D1 "prospect" or prospective player. As far as how many will actually play D1, I agree with Wireman; maybe 1 or 2.

What I'm much more certain about is that they now have 4 top 10 players in the region. And I think that, as the year progresses, there's a good chance they'll have 3 of the top 6. That's what I'm more concerned about!

To be fair, I was talking in terms of where they eventually end up. I certainly agree that they have 4 of the top 10 players in the region and are absolutely the early favorites to win the 12th.

Will Hager, Treyvon Faulkner, Malik Dow, Treyvon Sylvester, Trey Blevins, Corey Stearns, Danny Butt, Steven Fitzgerald, Peyton Gover, Colton Elkins. Not my top 10. Just throwing out names.

Will Hager, Treyvon Faulkner, Malik Dow, Treyvon Sylvester, Trey Blevins, Corey Stearns, Danny Butt, Steven Fitzgerald, Peyton Gover, Colton Elkins. Not my top 10. Just throwing out names.

I like Treyvon Sylvester a lot and think he will be the MVP for Pulaski but I think you'll see Dylan James make more of an impact for Mercer throughout the year. Dylan is capable of games of 30+. I'm not sure Treyvon can do that.

Again, I think he is a really nice player. Just not as offensively gifted as Dylan.

I like Treyvon Sylvester a lot and think he will be the MVP for Pulaski but I think you'll see Dylan James make more of an impact for Mercer throughout the year. Dylan is capable of games of 30+. I'm not sure Treyvon can do that.

Again, I think he is a really nice player. Just not as offensively gifted as Dylan.

Treyvon should have had 30+ against Boyle County in the region tournament last year but he stopped getting the ball.

I can't wait to see Dylan James play. Sounds like Mercer County shouldn't lose more than 3-5 games this season and should be playing on Sunday afternoon at Rupp. :thumb:

Basketball above all else is a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" game. If you are a Coach that puts a premium on scoring and shooting the ball then one player is the more impact player, but if your team is built on defense and rebounding another player becomes the gem transfer. As goes the college recruiting process, coaches recruit for their system. For some if you cannot defend the position you are projected to play then you likely are passed by. Other coaches will recruit an offensive player and not worry about their defensive woes. My point is impact has more to do with a need or type player that fits into your system.

Mercer has added a big time scorer which never hurts, but they already had several players who can fill it up so your adding to a current strength. If they could also have added Sylvester they really may have projected as the #1 team in the state. lol