Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Windows 10

Featured Replies

Anything is better than 8.

I have 10 and I love it. I never got the pleasure of using 8 thankfully.

To be fair I don't use our computer enough to get too up in arms about 8. But will say it's not my favorite. However having Vista for the last several years on my old computer makes anything look great.

My wife has 8. i can't work on her system. Horrible. Sorry you are not apple!

Im still on XP on my laptop.
No security updates is not a good thing. You need to upgrade to at least 7.
No security updates is not a good thing. You need to upgrade to at least 7.

 

Cant, well not without rebuying over $2000 in software I have on this one.

 

I get security updates from Microsoft every week, just like I always did.

Cant, well not without rebuying over $2000 in software I have on this one.

 

I get security updates from Microsoft every week, just like I always did.

 

XP registry hack or are you paying Microsoft the yearly fee?

Neither, they come every tuesday, why I go to shut down it does updates, just like it always did.

I switched over to 10 and so far so good...got it from free download

I upgraded to 10 today from the free upgrade. Made my computer run extremely slow;couldn't get onto an internet site at all. I have already switched back to 7.

  • Author

OK, I've been using WinX since August on both my laptops. Overall I like it. The issues I had with iTunes were easily corrected. One ongoing issue that I have on both machines and after searching on the net seems to be widespread is that neither laptop completely shuts down on it's own. After clicking shutdown the units close all programs, shutdown network connections and goes into a version of hibernation. LED indicators on the keyboard are still lit and the fan continues to run. You must press and hold the power button to completely shut it down. Not a huge issue unless updates have downloaded and they have to be installed before the PC shuts down, you have to wait for then to install before you can shut down.

 

I've tried several "fixes" from bot Windows and HP tech support forums but nothing works. Anyone else seen this and has anyone found a fix that works?

Neither, they come every tuesday, why I go to shut down it does updates, just like it always did.
But you're not receiving security patches from Microsoft which makes your computer vulnerable. Just a heads up. I'd hate for you to have issues.
OK, I've been using WinX since August on both my laptops. Overall I like it. The issues I had with iTunes were easily corrected. One ongoing issue that I have on both machines and after searching on the net seems to be widespread is that neither laptop completely shuts down on it's own. After clicking shutdown the units close all programs, shutdown network connections and goes into a version of hibernation. LED indicators on the keyboard are still lit and the fan continues to run. You must press and hold the power button to completely shut it down. Not a huge issue unless updates have downloaded and they have to be installed before the PC shuts down, you have to wait for then to install before you can shut down.

 

I've tried several "fixes" from bot Windows and HP tech support forums but nothing works. Anyone else seen this and has anyone found a fix that works?

 

I've got the same issue, in addition to slower start up times when this happens. I haven't found a fix either

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.