While UC rehabs 5/3 Arena where should they play?

frankdracman23

UC would need to play "Home games" somewhere for the 2016-2017 season while the 5/3 Arena rehab takes place.

Where should they play?

US Bank Arena? Xavier's Cintas Center? Cincinnati Gardens? NKU's BB&T arena?

Got to say out of all those NKU's arena might make the most sense. Not overly far from campus, rent would be manageable, better choice of dates.....

Now UC says they may use a combination of venues. But can't see them using the Gardens or XU unless they absolutely needed to.

Thoughts?

UC would need to play "Home games" somewhere for the 2016-2017 season while the 5/3 Arena rehab takes place.

Where should they play?

US Bank Arena? Xavier's Cintas Center? Cincinnati Gardens? NKU's BB&T arena?

Got to say out of all those NKU's arena might make the most sense. Not overly far from campus, rent would be manageable, better choice of dates.....

Now UC says they may use a combination of venues. But can't see them using the Gardens or XU unless they absolutely needed to.

Thoughts?

I'd imagine US Bank would be the most likely choice. They've played a couple games there in the past, I believe. I don't know who makes the conference schedule, but if they didn't work around existing US Bank events, then Cincinnati might have to look for other locations.

I'd imagine US Bank would be the most likely choice. They've played a couple games there in the past, I believe. I don't know who makes the conference schedule, but if they didn't work around existing US Bank events, then Cincinnati might have to look for other locations.

Cincinnati Cyclones play there and I believe their dates would be locked in. US Bank might be an option but would not likely be free for every UC home game.

Cincinnati Cyclones play there and I believe their dates would be locked in. US Bank might be an option but would not likely be free for every UC home game.

That was my thought as well. I'd imagine marquee conference games like Connecticut, Memphis, Temple, maybe SMU would be attempted at US Bank while lesser league games might be relegated to smaller arenas.

I just assumed they'd simply use US Bank Arena. Have to think UC, the Cyclones, and UC's conference would work together to make it work for all the Bearcats home games.

If not, I don't think the Gardens is an option. I really surprised the place is still standing. I have no idea when the last time it was used for anything, but would have to think major dollars would have to be spent to rehab it just so it would be useable. Can't even imagine what condition those locker rooms are in.

On first blush I'd think Cintas is a big no chance. Never really want to use your biggest rival's facility for home games.

NKU would make some sense, but I still think they'll make US Bank Arena work for all their home games

I just assumed they'd simply use US Bank Arena. Have to think UC, the Cyclones, and UC's conference would work together to make it work for all the Bearcats home games.

If not, I don't think the Gardens is an option. I really surprised the place is still standing. I have no idea when the last time it was used for anything, but would have to think major dollars would have to be spent to rehab it just so it would be useable. Can't even imagine what condition those locker rooms are in.

On first blush I'd think Cintas is a big no chance. Never really want to use your biggest rival's facility for home games.

NKU would make some sense, but I still think they'll make US Bank Arena work for all their home games

US Bank Arena is more costly ( I would think) and the Cyclones schedule is already set. The change from ice to b-ball court is not an easy one and requires time and I'm sure is part of the cost. Plus I would imagine the UC Women need a place to play as well. So maybe all their games do not need to be moved to a large arena but some will probably need to be. I would think NKU could be used for some UC Mens or Womens games.