While UC rehabs 5/3 Arena where should they play?

frankdracman23

US Bank Arena is more costly ( I would think) and the Cyclones schedule is already set. The change from ice to b-ball court is not an easy one and requires time and I'm sure is part of the cost. Plus I would imagine the UC Women need a place to play as well. So maybe all their games do not need to be moved to a large arena but some will probably need to be. I would think NKU could be used for some UC Mens or Womens games.

All good points, except I can't believe the bolded is the case. The Cyclones schedule is already set for the 16-17 season?

Cost is likely higher, not an issue for UC though.

Turnaround from hockey to hoops is time consuming. But they make it work in multiple arenas around the country.

US Bank will draw the most UC fans to the games, which is most important to UC. And IMO that's why they'll get a deal done.

Women's team will also play their is my guess. Though they frankly could play at Elder's Pit and not sell the place out.

I don't know what US Bank's scheduling is like during hockey season, but there are a myriad of events going on at Amalie Arena, home the Tampa Bay Lighning, during that time. Concerts, consumer product shows, high school tournaments, religious crusades, and other events fill the calendar, all requiring the glass to be removed and the ice to be covered.

In the 2011/12 season, USF Men played there, while the Sundome was being renovated. If the Big East worked with the Lightning, I imagine the American will work with the whoever manages US Bank, regarding scheduling.

As far as the women go, during the same season, the USF women's team played at the USF Rec Center. From what I understand, the UC Rec Center is one of the largest and nicest facilities in the country.

All good points, except I can't believe the bolded is the case. The Cyclones schedule is already set for the 16-17 season?

Cost is likely higher, not an issue for UC though.

Turnaround from hockey to hoops is time consuming. But they make it work in multiple arenas around the country.

US Bank will draw the most UC fans to the games, which is most important to UC. And IMO that's why they'll get a deal done.

Women's team will also play their is my guess. Though they frankly could play at Elder's Pit and not sell the place out.

What I meant was the ECHL usually plays games Wednesdays-Sundays if possible and there is probably not a lot of flexibility with Home and Away schedules due to travel costs. Sometimes they play the same team two nights in a row.Add in the occasional concert/Disney show/Circus and there are going to be dates not available and UC will likely have to use more than one venue.

What I meant was the ECHL usually plays games Wednesdays-Sundays if possible and there is probably not a lot of flexibility with Home and Away schedules due to travel costs. Sometimes they play the same team two nights in a row.Add in the occasional concert/Disney show/Circus and there are going to be dates not available and UC will likely have to use more than one venue.

Leagues schedule around conflicting dates regularly. Won't be an issue...