Sandra Bland Death Ruled Suicide

InItToWinIt

I have no doubt that this it true. But why was someone who answered the questions the way she did left unsupervised?

A state report said the jail failed to follow procedures with regards to how often she was checked on as well as failing to prove they went through mental health issues training.

At least 4 other black women have died unexpectedly in jail this month.

Odd.

Is it? Not being difficult, I just have no basis to judge that off of. I've participated in 11 marathons, a few half marathons, some 5Ks, spectated, etc., and I can think of 5 deaths associated with the races in which I have been affiliated with. I don't know if that is odd, or just the fact if you take a grouping of thousands of people (not sure how many black women across the country are in jail, but it has to be in the 1000s), it shouldn't be a huge shock if an unexpected death occurs now and again.

• 5 months later...

He said: "Kid, I'm gonna put you in a cell. I want your wallet and your Belt."

I said, "Obie, I can understand your wantin' my wallet, so I don't have any money to spend in the cell, but what do you want my belt for?" and he said, "Kid, we don't want any hangin's."

I said, "Obie, did you think I was gonna hang myself for litterin'?"

Not making light of the matter but this is what keeps flashing in my head when I read this story. No way I am buying that she killed herself.