McCracken - Contender or Pretender?

Can't call them pretender or contender till I see their new style of ball. To me this is the best job in WKY and should be a contender most years. No reason why they shouldn't. You got great facilities, good number of wide culture of students and fund raising would be a piece of cake with no competition from other schools. They even got the track around the soccer field instead of the football field. That's Epic for me.

As a Mustang fan, I would be happy to win a regional and thrilled to make it to the Semi's given the quality of 6A. If the new coach works out, we can talk about competing for State Championships in 5+ years.

Obviously as a Mustang fan I'm somewhat biased, but I feel the Stangs have the potential to be a contender this year. It's way to early to label them a "contender", but their success this year is largely dependent upon the effectiveness of the new coaching staff. Last year we watched the Mustangs give up a 20-0 lead against Manual in the playoffs, which by all accounts is a Top 5 team in 6A. Although we lost, I left confident that we could compete with the best of 6A. Luckily this year we would only have to face one of the old "Super District" teams in the Semifinal where the Mustangs would host. Would we be favored in that game? Probably not. Could we win? Absolutely.

Obviously as a Mustang fan I'm somewhat biased, but I feel the Stangs have the potential to be a contender this year. It's way to early to label them a "contender", but their success this year is largely dependent upon the effectiveness of the new coaching staff. Last year we watched the Mustangs give up a 20-0 lead against Manual in the playoffs, which by all accounts is a Top 5 team in 6A. Although we lost, I left confident that we could compete with the best of 6A. Luckily this year we would only have to face one of the old "Super District" teams in the Semifinal where the Mustangs would host. Would we be favored in that game? Probably not. Could we win? Absolutely.

Yes, but McCracken lost that game by 15 points. And it was to the fifth ranked team out of the top five. Dixie Heights is gone, but the other four are projected to be as good or better than they were last year. True, you'd only have to beat one of them, but you'd have to actually beat that one. Is it possible? Sure, upsets can happen. Would I bet on it? Not a chance.

With what MC returns and a favorable bracket they have a chance and in their position that is all one can ask. The new coaching staff arrives with a decent amount of talent so a lot will be based on what they can do. Outside of 6A and in WKY they should be the team to beat this year which at very least should make for a fun season for the Stangs

I am beginning to view McCracken similar to their cross town rival Paducah Tilghman.

They are a Pre-Season darling and noone questions their talent.... but they haven't proven they have the consistency to depend on them to win 4 straight playoff games let alone 5.

I am beginning to view McCracken similar to their cross town rival Paducah Tilghman.

They are a Pre-Season darling and noone questions their talent.... but they haven't proven they have the consistency to depend on them to win 4 straight playoff games let alone 5.

PT has won some titles.