Boyd Co. coach Dane Damron resigns

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if TJ Maynard is brought in as head coach will he stay with the spread offense that the Lions have been running or will Maynard try to plant the wing-t that he has success with at Greenup?? This is ONLY IF TJ is hired on as head coach.

Either Lee Evans or T.J. Maynard would be a great choice for the lions, you really can't go wrong with either one. Evans is a great coach who hasn't gotten his shot but is well deserving. He coached under Vic Marsh @ Ashland for all those years and should've gotten a shot there. He tought me a lot about football when I played for him and he's a complete class act. T.J. is also a great coach, Greenup made a HUGE mistake when they let him slip through their hands. Nobody cares more for a program than Maynard, he will be a every single game the school system has from J.V. to JFL on Saturdays. He is the only coach I've ever seen to do this for every single game. Nobody can question his dedication for his program. He will be a head coach somewhere soon,if not Boyd then somewhere. Boyd cannot go wrong, both are class act who can coach football.

I'm still yet to see this made public anywhere but here on BGP. So I think talking about new head coaches is a little premature, although those mentioned would do a fine job at BC we should wait until the current coach "officially" resigns to the public he serves.

And by the way its KCU now....

http://www.kcu.edu/template.php

It is official and he has already turned in his resignation.

As for if Maynard would get the nod, I think he would stay with the system that he knows and teaches. Besides, I'm not so sure that BC will have the quality of athletes next season to run the spread offense, but that's just my opinion.