Boyd Co. coach Dane Damron resigns

As for Dane Dameron, he's a good, honest and fair man. Always did think he looked more like a college coach than high school and if you go to ECU's website the job he got is posted on their jobs page as a Head Coach/ Recruiter. So looks like he's getting the chance to build an entire football program and I think he'll do a great job at it.

Just wish they'd make a public announcement in the newspaper about it being a final decission.

This is a decision by KCU, not the local media. The college refuses to give any details until later this week. I have been made aware of a press conference at KCU on Friday. Believe me, the paper and our station want to announce this, but cannot without proper notification. I refuse to run a story unless I have been notified officially by a reliable source. I may know that something is going to happen, but will not run a story unless I have a credible source.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to run a story unless I have been notified officially by a reliable source. I may know that something is going to happen, but will not run a story unless I have a credible source.

I do admire that! Where there's smoke there's fire, just sometimes we gotta wait for those hot coals to break loose and burn!

(personall I hate wait'n!)

:D

It looks like the Daily Independent made the announcement today.

Damron leaving Boyd

By RICK GREENE — The Independent

Dane Damron has resigned as Boyd County’s football coach and is poised to become Kentucky Christian University’s first football coach.

But further down it says KCU hasn't made a final decission as to hiring him and they are still taking applications through today?

Damron is a great choice for KCU in my mind. Their is a lot of talent that gets overlooked every year in eastern kentucky and Damron primed to suck up all of the overlooked players. It will take a few years but I think KCU will become a contender in whatever division they play in.