Boyd Co. coach Dane Damron resigns

They definately need someone young and interested in the kids instead of just the title. I'd definately like to see someone come in and put some get and go into these kids and show them what football is about.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, basically Damron was not from Boyd County, he came from Florida. Then Coach Tom Ross before that was not from Boyd County either.

Or do you actually mean from far away??

Damron graduated from East Carter in 1990. He played collegiately at Georgetown, helping lead the Tigers to the national title as a sophomore. He was a two-time AllAmerican.

He started as an assistant at East Carter for a year and worked under Roy Kidd at Eastern Kentucky for a year. He spent a few months at Morehead State before becoming the offensive coordinator at George Jenkins in Lakeland, Florida.

Not to start an argument, RedBlood, but you can't get much more "Boyd County" than Bill Tom Ross.

Frances

Frances, you know these young 'ens don't have history classes any more ;) ;) :D

Woody Jr

Frances, you know these young 'ens don't have history classes any more ;) ;) :D

Woody Jr

Now that you mention it, I wonder how many people on this board saw your idol, Wayne Woodrow Hayes storm the sideline, in that sublime "O" baseball cap with his old Riddell coaching shoes, black pants and white shirt?

Classic. Kinda like watching another Ohio legend - Bob Lutz. O-L-D Style.

Frances

Now that you mention it, I wonder how many people on this board saw your idol, Wayne Woodrow Hayes storm the sideline, in that sublime "O" baseball cap with his old Riddell coaching shoes, black pants and white shirt?

Classic. Kinda like watching another Ohio legend - Bob Lutz. O-L-D Style.

Frances

Ahhh yes, my little chickadee :D

You're not going to believe this my dear Franny but I just purchased a new black "Block O" Woody hat on Ebay TODAY! - looking forward to the upcoming season:thumb: My old one is almost grey in color now - purchased it at Longs Bookstore on High street more years ago than I can count. Thinking about getting a glass case to display it for all the little grasshoppers ;):D

I even saved my pair of old black spotbilt coaching coaching shoes with the long tongue that folds over - kids today would crack up if they saw those! :laugh:

The black shoes, white socks, with rolled up pants is THE reason I tune in whenever Penn St. is on - Joe Pa still carries on the tradition [albeit with those darn NIKE swooshes - Woodrow would magic markeer those babies:D ]

& surely everyone knows where Lutz got that offense - strictly "I' formation with the "Robust T" formation to beat you into submition. Remind me to show you Woody's playbook published after the 69 Nat Champ season - with autograph to Jr.:thumb:

I've got to stop. I'm shakkking soooo haardddd ii ccccan't tttyppppe

Cheers, Woody JUNIOR

Oh yeah - John Brockington, Archie Griffin ...

I'm sure that Woody could add a few dozen more.

Frances

STOP STOP !!! You guys are killing me. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Rex Kern, Jim Stillwagon, Jack Tatum, .....:jump: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I won't be able to sleep for days !!!

aaaarrgggghh

Woooooooooodddddddy JR

Ahhh yes, my little chickadee :D

You're not going to believe this my dear Franny but I just purchased a new black "Block O" Woody hat on Ebay TODAY! - looking forward to the upcoming season:thumb: My old one is almost grey in color now - purchased it at Longs Bookstore on High street more years ago than I can count. Thinking about getting a glass case to display it for all the little grasshoppers ;):D

I even saved my pair of old black spotbilt coaching coaching shoes with the long tongue that folds over - kids today would crack up if they saw those! :laugh:

The black shoes, white socks, with rolled up pants is THE reason I tune in whenever Penn St. is on - Joe Pa still carries on the tradition [albeit with those darn NIKE swooshes - Woodrow would magic markeer those babies:D ]

& surely everyone knows where Lutz got that offense - strictly "I' formation with the "Robust T" formation to beat you into submition. Remind me to show you Woody's playbook published after the 69 Nat Champ season - with autograph to Jr.:thumb:

I've got to stop. I'm shakkking soooo haardddd ii ccccan't tttyppppe

Cheers, Woody JUNIOR

Spotbilt!! Man, I couldn't think of the brand name, so I took a shot with Riddell. Next time you come home, and think you might meander over toward Oldham County, you let me know. I'll be sure to catch up with you, just to get a look at that playbook. I'll bet that that is one of your most cherished possessions (along with that bag of goal line chalk you got from the horseshoe in '71...

Frances

Spotbilt!! Man, I couldn't think of the brand name, so I took a shot with Riddell. Next time you come home, and think you might meander over toward Oldham County, you let me know. I'll be sure to catch up with you, just to get a look at that playbook. I'll bet that that is one of your most cherished possessions (along with that bag of goal line chalk you got from the horseshoe in '71...

Frances

Yeah, keep it sealed up in ziplock bags ,etc.

Sweeney talked me into bringing it over to his memorabilia shrine one time and I made him agree to give me everything he owned in exchange if anything happened to it. I'll definitely let you read it sometime. It is a true classic.

It's called 'Hotline to Victory" and was sold as a book I guess but it's like 8.5 x 11" or bigger size pages with the wide plastic spiral rings (like for office manuals). He diagrams all his plays against various defenses, defensive alingments, drills, even taping ankles, etc. Got it when I was like 12yo. People wonder why I got into coaching huh?;) early brainwashing will do that.

Keep em cool in Oldham,

Woody Jr