Boyd Co. coach Dane Damron resigns

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Coach Evans and Coach Maynard would both be great choices.

You will not find a better person than Coach Evans, but can he coach the Lions with Pride, knowing his heart is Maroon. But with that thought Maynard has a True Maroon heart also, just with gold stripes.

With that point in mind, are there any True Boyd County graduate candidates???

You will not find a better person than Coach Evans, but can he coach the Lions with Pride, knowing his heart is Maroon. But with that thought Maynard has a True Maroon heart also, just with gold stripes.

Perhaps Boyd needs to get someone from NOT around this area

...for a change :D

WoodyJr

Coach Evans would put everything he has into whatever program he's at, whether it be Boyd or Ashland. Everything he does he does with 110% and nothing less. You wouldn't have to worry about his heart, it will be with whatever program he's at. He does nothing "half-speed", he will give it his all. T.J. is the same way. I'm sure both have a place in their hearts for their alma but that doesn't mean they won't give 110% at a different school, because they will.

Perhaps Boyd needs to get someone from NOT around this area

...for a change :D

WoodyJr

Well, basically Damron was not from Boyd County, he came from Florida. Then Coach Tom Ross before that was not from Boyd County either.

Or do you actually mean from far away??

Coach Evans would put everything he has into whatever program he's at, whether it be Boyd or Ashland. Everything he does he does with 110% and nothing less. You wouldn't have to worry about his heart, it will be with whatever program he's at. He does nothing "half-speed", he will give it his all. T.J. is the same way. I'm sure both have a place in their hearts for their alma but that doesn't mean they won't give 110% at a different school, because they will.

I agree with you, but you still never know how deep the roots are...One of my only concerns is Coach Evan's Defense was very questionable last year when he was the Coordinator, but that also could had been due to lack of talent on the field also.

Well, basically Damron was not from Boyd County, he came from Florida. Then Coach Tom Ross before that was not from Boyd County either.

Or do you actually mean from far away??

Isn't Damron an East Carter boy? Bill Tom was at Ashland, but is he originally from Catlettsburg?

Perhaps I should have said: far, FAR away :D

Actually, as a Tomcat fan - just keep doing what you've been doing for the last several decades

Woody Jr

Isn't Damron an East Carter boy? Bill Tom was at Ashland, but is he originally from Catlettsburg?

Perhaps I should have said: far, FAR away :D

Actually, as a Tomcat fan - just keep doing what you've been doing for the last several decades

Woody Jr

No Fear!

There isnt much hope in sight for us....Last year our JFL and Middle School programs did not fair too well, and we have some young talent at High School level, but probably not as much as everyone else. Our JFL program might as well be not existent and the only coaches that seemed to care was the Junior High and we lacked talent there.

So like I said, No Fear!

No Fear!

There isnt much hope in sight for us....Last year our JFL and Middle School programs did not fair too well, and we have some young talent at High School level, but probably not as much as everyone else. Our JFL program might as well be not existent and the only coaches that seemed to care was the Junior High and we lacked talent there.

So like I said, No Fear!

I dont mind my team winning but I hate it for the kids - whatever uniform they wear:cry:

Woody Jr

Hey its like this' he was born a collage coach! just wish he would please take that drill sargent Vince Jones with him" thats whats wrong with BC Football

:laugh: :laugh:

Vince is just very serious about the game of Football......

Hey, at least he cares, which is more than most in Boyd County.

Vince cares about Vince Jones and the title "Coach". Not the kids of the county, if he did he wouldn't be using drill sargents for assistant coaches and run'n off the good kids of BC to other schools. Ain't nothing good can come from breaking 8th graders spirits and making them cry or send them running the hillside only to have them run totally over the hill and not come back to the field.

As for Dane Dameron, he's a good, honest and fair man. Always did think he looked more like a college coach than high school and if you go to ECU's website the job he got is posted on their jobs page as a Head Coach/ Recruiter. So looks like he's getting the chance to build an entire football program and I think he'll do a great job at it.

Just wish they'd make a public announcement in the newspaper about it being a final decission.