Ironton, OH Coach resigns after 34 years...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess the ride has to end sometime, but what a ride it has been for this man.

It was truly a pleasure to watch this man's teams play football. Coach Lutz's team always played the game the way it was meant to be played. They showed pride, determination, class, integrity, and everything else that makes this game of football so great.

Good luck Coach Lutz in whatever you may do, and thanks for the gifts that you have given the game.:thumb: :thumb:

I was always impressed with Coach Lutz' teams in that they NEVER made mistakes to beat themselves. They lived on a steady diet of fundamentals and execution and while it wasn't flashy, they stuck to their guns and very rarely lost games late where a lot of teams make costly mental errors.

I was always impressed with Coach Lutz' teams in that they NEVER made mistakes to beat themselves. They lived on a steady diet of fundamentals and execution and while it wasn't flashy, they stuck to their guns and very rarely lost games late where a lot of teams make costly mental errors.

Me, too.

:thumb: :thumb: I agree, refer to my post #23.

I was told yesterday that Coach Snyder at Marshall has offered his old high school coach a job coaching ends. My buddy also said that as a result of Coach Lutz resigning that all but 3 football coaches have quit, and most every other coach for nearly all of the sports at the school. I guess the people in Ironton are calling for Parker's head on a platter and have called a special board meeting at Tank's Memorial Stadium for next week.

I was told yesterday that Coach Snyder at Marshall has offered his old high school coach a job coaching ends. My buddy also said that as a result of Coach Lutz resigning that all but 3 football coaches have quit, and most every other coach for nearly all of the sports at the school. I guess the people in Ironton are calling for Parker's head on a platter and have called a special board meeting at Tank's Memorial Stadium for next week.

I see a Mini-Series or at least a Movie of the Week

As passionate as people are about Ironton football this could be wild :scared:

Woody Jr

:eek:

That would not suprise me one bit being from a small community that is crazy about football myself I can see this happening.

Things seem very strange across the river. I looked on the OHSAA website and couldnt find a job listing for the position. Are they not required to post it and follow some guidelines? It seems rather odd that some undefined "search committee" is simply left to decide how to proceed.

How long will they let this seemingly drag on? It's a great program to be left twisting in the wind ..........

Woody jr

Things seem very strange across the river. I looked on the OHSAA website and couldnt find a job listing for the position. Are they not required to post it and follow some guidelines? It seems rather odd that some undefined "search committee" is simply left to decide how to proceed.

How long will they let this seemingly drag on? It's a great program to be left twisting in the wind ..........

Woody jr

I guess school politics isnt just an East Kentucky problem. I get the feeling heads are gonna roll into the ohio river before this is over.

Woody jr

Yes, there are guidelines each OHSAA must go by. First, they must offer the job to personnel in the school currently for the position before posting the job opening and searching outside the school district for a Head Coach.

I know it says they (current coaches) have turned down the job and a search committee has been formed. It could be possible that it has not been posted statewide yet.