Ironton, OH Coach resigns after 34 years...

I respect him and respect Ironton more than any team Ive ever played against. They were always nice people and I loved playing them. One thing I liked about his teams if you beat them you was the better team because they NEVER made mistakes. They werent as big and powerful as say Trinity or X but they were more sound and mistake free than any other team Ive ever seen. They simply just executed very well. What a great coach.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the story about the board meeting shows what most folks in Ironton are really interested in as far as their schools are concerned. More people come out to complain about a coach retiring than have probably attended every board meeting in the last year combined...way to have your priorities straight...:rolleyes:

I think the story about the board meeting shows what most folks in Ironton are really interested in as far as their schools are concerned. More people come out to complain about a coach retiring than have probably attended every board meeting in the last year combined...way to have your priorities straight...:rolleyes:

That is one very astute observation, GoHerd.

Frances

I respected coach Lutz and loved his smashmouth playing style and the Iroton faithful and the IRONTON FLAGS will miss him greatly. He coached football they way it was suppose to be hard nose he ran the ball right down your throat and if you were not lucky ran you into the ground as well..... but on the other hand the talk has already started that this is the area's chance to get Ironton back for some awfully questionable calls over there years at Tank's Memorial over the years.... everybody who has ever played Ironton as a visitor knows what I am talking about

I respected coach Lutz and loved his smashmouth playing style and the Iroton faithful and the IRONTON FLAGS will miss him greatly. He coached football they way it was suppose to be hard nose he ran the ball right down your throat and if you were not lucky ran you into the ground as well..... but on the other hand the talk has already started that this is the area's chance to get Ironton back for some awfully questionable calls over there years at Tank's Memorial over the years.... everybody who has ever played Ironton as a visitor knows what I am talking about

I never noticed any questionable calls against Ashland :laugh:

Woody Jr