Highlands/McCracken Cty Predictions

Region 9 winner Highlands(32-6) takes on Region 1 winner and powerhouse McCracken Cty(33-2) at 8:30 Monday evening at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington.

There has been plenty of talk on here since the winter about this Highlands baseball team and for the life of me, I can not find one thread about McCracken Cty. baseball. Yes, I know us Highlands people love to talk about themselves and how good they are and all, but c'mon, anything from the #1 team in the State? Anything? Wait, is this some type of high gag order given out by the powers that be to keep this years Mustang team under wraps. Kinda like when Highlands football has an injury and nothing is said. Lol!

So what say you?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 9 winner Highlands(32-6) takes on Region 1 winner and powerhouse McCracken Cty(33-2) at 8:30 Monday evening at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington.

There has been plenty of talk on here since the winter about this Highlands baseball team and for the life of me, I can not find one thread about McCracken Cty. baseball. Yes, I know us Highlands people love to talk about themselves and how good they are and all, but c'mon, anything from the #1 team in the State? Anything? Wait, is this some type of high gag order given out by the powers that be to keep this years Mustang team under wraps. Kinda like when Highlands football has an injury and nothing is said. Lol!

So what say you?

Whoa! Glad we only have to drive to Lexington Monday night. Would hate to drive from Paducah to Lex. Especially when Highlands last day of school is on Tues. That would be a tough one. Yeah I know, there are teams that would drive 10 hrs just to be playing. Pipe down!!!:sssh:

McCracken is loaded. They wont get on here talking but they will have plenty to say once they get there. Their are no easy outs through out the line up. Lead off hitter may be the best player in the state, 2 time Region 1 tournament MVP. All of them have good at bats.

McCracken is loaded. They wont get on here talking but they will have plenty to say once they get there. Their are no easy outs through out the line up. Lead off hitter may be the best player in the state, 2 time Region 1 tournament MVP. All of them have good at bats.

Not looking for a lot of "talking". Just some info on the kids and team. Thanks for the info.

This Sweeperboy fella on here keeps bugging me for a roster. Is there one out there anywhere?

Of course they won't, neither will Highlands.

That's what fans are for. :D

Thanks for the info. McCracken doesn't seem to have a lot of followers on BGP in any sport but I suppose that is due to how new they are.

The bolded part sounds like Highlands' line up. One of the #1 pitchers on a local N.Ky team commented earlier in the season that there are no breathers in Highlands' lineup. Sounds like the same can be said for McCracken.

A quick glance at the KHSAA website reveals the Highlands is averaging 8.6 runs per game while allowing 3.2 runs per game, a difference of 5.4 runs per game. McCracken scores on average 7.2 runs per game while yielding 1.7 runs per game, the latter # likely the lowest in the state, a difference of 5.5 runs.

These numbers point out the obvious. The winner of the nightcap on Monday at Whitake Bank Ballpark will have a great chance to make a deep run in the state tourney.

Guest comeonman

McCracken County roster

6 Keegan Breese INF-P Jr. 16 Caleb Reinhardt So.

8 Daren Collier INF Jr. 29 Josh Scheer INF-P Sr.

13 James Dodd Fr. 17 Derek Schneider C Jr.

19 Rook Ellington Fr. 12 Luke Seed Fr.

9 Ryan Garner INF-P Sr. 15 Daniel Seitzinger OF-P Sr.

23 Tyler Hicks OF-P Sr. 11 Trent Shelby So.

1 Cameron Langston Fr. 30 Billy Wadley Jr.

33 Isaac Lineberry C Jr. 19 Ian Walters INF-P Jr.

26 Jeffrey Mathis OF Jr. 25 Chad Williams INF-P Jr.

22 Daniel Myatt So. 4 Cole Womack INF-P Sr.

14 Reid Pope OF-P Jr. 2 Darien Wurth OF Jr.

The Mustangs are deep and their pitching is topnotch. Cole Womack is spectacular on the mound. No Kentucky team has beaten them. MaxPreps ranks them very high nationwide. They lost two games to a Memphis area squad. That's it!

The Mustangs are deep and their pitching is topnotch. Cole Womack is spectacular on the mound. No Kentucky team has beaten them. MaxPreps ranks them very high nationwide. They lost two games to a Memphis area squad. That's it!

That's strong! Does the Freshman on the roster listed above play much?