Highlands/McCracken Cty Predictions

Freshman Cameron Langston has been used more at shortstop late in season , but didn't start in regional tournament. He is outstanding defensive player.

Cole Womack has about 0.50 ERA for the season with 50-55 strikeouts and only 9 walks in 52 innings. Ryan Garner is around 0.75 ERA. Keegan Breese is probably the best pitcher on team and is used primarily as the closer. When Breese enters, it's lights out. Caleb Reinhardt is also very good in relief. Reinhardt has great command of his pitches and an abundance of confidence for a sophomore.

Team have 16 shutouts this season including one against #2 Lafayette just over a month ago.

Team is seeing the ball well right now. Top to bottom, team has been on a tear for past 3 weeks. Posted 19 hits, including 2 homeruns in regional semi-final against Marshall County.

Two losses to a fine Bartlett, TN club were mainly due to errors. 4 in one game and 5 in the other. Mustangs committed 4 errors in regional semifinal against Marshall which contributed to the 7 runs allowed. Normally a solid defensive team, but when an error gets committed, it becomes infectious.

Edited by PurpleFlash
Additional info

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you stated they beat Lexington Lafayette (#1 MaxPreps) 2-0.

Beat Louisville Trinity (#5) 3-0

Beat Pleasure Ridge Park (#20) 8-4

Beat Riverdale, TN (#13 TN) 12-2

Beat Cape Girardeau Notre Dame (#10 MO) 9-2

Ballard Memorial and Marshall Co. were their main competition in the 1st Region. The Mustangs swept them. Beat Louisville Atherton and another Louisville school (I think) fairly handily.

The Memphis area team that beat them is Bartlett which is ranked #2 in Tennessee.

Hope that gives a better picture.

Edited by redleg13
correction

Guest comeonman

Yea I seen the Bartlet team lost in there state semi's this yr. Seems to me this should be a classic!! Go Birds!!

Impressive record to say the least and it sounds like there could be lots of gaudy stats...

What region does McCracken come from and can someone posts some more info?

NKY and Highlands fans have seen these types of teams before, most notably on the gridiron with an Eastern KY team from the mountains...:thumb:

Wait for it...

As you stated they beat Lexington Lafayette (#1 MaxPreps) 2-0.

Beat Louisville Trinity (#5) 3-0

Beat Pleasure Ridge Park (#2 0) 8-4

Beat Riverdale, TN (#1 3 TN) 12-2

Beat Cape Girardeau Notre Dame (#1 0 MO) 9-2

Ballard Memorial and Marshall Co. were their main competition in the 1st Region. The Mustangs swept them. Beat Louisville Atherton and another Louisville school (I think) fairly handily.

The Memphis area team that beat them is Bartlett which is ranked #2 in Tennessee.

Hope that gives a better picture.

Other notable wins

Daviess County 4-0 (Ft. Walton Beach)

Hopkinsville 5-0 (away) vs #1 pitcher McGee

Christian County 2-1 (away)

Hopkinsville 13-1 (home) vs #2 pitcher Brown

Wipe the slate clean this sets up to be a great game!

The scouting report I heard on MC is that they're not necessarily mashers but they put together really good ABs. Very few mistakes. Played a nice schedule and did well against it. They are a legit contender for the state title.

The scouting report I heard on MC is that they're not necessarily mashers but they put together really good ABs. Very few mistakes. Played a nice schedule and did well against it. They are a legit contender for the state title.

I heard the same thing. Their pitching staff is very talented as well.

Other notable wins

Daviess County 4-0 (Ft. Walton Beach)

Hopkinsville 5-0 (away) vs #1 pitcher McGee

Christian County 2-1 (away)

Hopkinsville 13-1 (home) vs #2 pitcher Brown

Wipe the slate clean this sets up to be a great game!

The bolded intrigues me. Do you have details on this game?

Mustang pitcher Josh Scheer outpitched McGee with complete game shutout, allowing 3 hits, 2 walks, and 13 strikeouts.

Womack was 3 for 4, RBI and 3 stolen bases. Garner was 1 for 4 with 2 RBI double that blew game open in the 7th.

Shortly after this, Mustangs defeated Trinity 3-0 with Garner pitching complete game two-hit shutout, with no walks and 12 strikeouts.

Yes, Game was 2-0 going into 7th and McGee was still pitching. Mustangs plated 3 to seal the deal.

McCracken had 9 hits against McGee.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like these two teams will create an instant classic. Can't wait!!