Giants @ Reds (5/14 - 5/17)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byrd is hitting .342/.500/.895 in May over 51 PAs. 13-11 BB-K ratio after a 1-25 BB-K in April over 78 PAs

Walks is a key stat many people just ignore. It is a big indicator on AVG and offensive production.

UKMF ... agree or do I get another :lol2: from you?

:wideyed:

I don't really understand how this team is a game over .500.

Really? This team should be about 5 games over if not for bullpen meltdowns. The Reds in their current state have 2 things that are very important to the game of baseball. Their starting pitching has been excellent to this point in the season and their defense is outstanding, especially up the middle.

A week ago many of you wanted to send Marlon Byrd packing and now you want to talk glowingly about him because he is producing. MLB season is a long one and there will be streaks and slumps along the way, you just hope the latter does not last for a week or so because then you are out.

This team does not lack for talent, but the talent needs to be more disciplined in their approach especially in key situations. Having the ability to move runners over and knock them in when in scoring situations is a weakness right now for guys like Frazier and Bruce. I have seen them too agressive and too passive at different times and they need to find that happy medium to be successful over the long haul.

Price loves him some Negron, huh? Boesch must not be very high on Price's list. So far, Price has played Negron over Boesch in RF and 1B. More importantly, he plays him and then bats him 8th? WTH?

Where would you bat Negron in that lineup?

He's playing Negron because Boesch is a lefty and Bumgarner is also left-handed.