Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anyone

Featured Replies

Have enough Patriotic and Civic pride to Work the Polls this year ? Or are you content to sit back and let other people do it ? This will be my 11th year working . :up:

Have enough Patriotic and Civic pride to Work the Polls this year ? Or are you content to sit back and let other people do it ? This will be my 11th year working . :up:

 

They pay you for this right? A lot of people are patriotic if the money is good :)

 

I think in this area there have been times where there was a waiting list for people willing to work the polls. Most workers here are retired sorts that have the free time to work a two days a year job.

 

Thanks for working the polls, seriously it is a part of the process and willing workers are needed.

  • Author

Yes ,a Whopping $150 for election school and election day combined here in Campbell Co.

Yes ,a Whopping $150 for election school and election day combined here in Campbell Co.
You don't have to go to election school every year do you?

I've seen people beat their chest about lots of things , but never working the polls . Not that it isn't a noble gesture but I'd skip the bragging about it . I pay 6-10K a MONTH in biz tax's to our local , state and fed govt .... that's pretty helpful I suppose .

It definitely pays more than the civic duty known as jury duty. :lol2:

Yes ,a Whopping $150 for election school and election day combined here in Campbell Co.

And do you get free food too?

 

$150 isn't bad for a day of work, which most of the time you are sitting.

  • Author
And do you get free food too?

 

$150 isn't bad for a day of work, which most of the time you are sitting.

No free food and yes we have to attend election school before each election weather primary or general . If you don't attend the class you don't work the polls .
When I retire I can see myself working the election polls.

 

Same here. Until then, though, I don't really see it happening. Have have next to no vacation days as it is, and as glad as I am that there are people to work the polls, I'm just not willing to burn vacation time to do it.

Nope, I'd rather show up, vote, then gripe about the outcome afterward.

Did my patriotic duty for almost 13 years....I'll leave polls to the retired and thank them for their service.

I did my time on the poll. Time for others to step up.

I did my time on the poll. Time for others to step up.

Not real sure where to go with this.

I did my time on the poll. Time for others to step up.

 

I think you spelled "pole" wrong. :taz:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.