Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida Coaching Position

Featured Replies

Mack will almost surely double, maybe even triple, his income at Florida. Hard to fault him for taking the job if offered, even if it does mean leaving your home town.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does XU have the ability to break open the checkbook to keep him? Or do they just say thanks for your time and don't even counter offer?

I'm not convinced Mack is an elite coach. He's really good, but I don't think he's on the same level as Miller or Mata were before they left.

Does Anthony Grant stay if someone else comes in as head coach?

 

He's a great defensive mind.

Does XU have the ability to break open the checkbook to keep him? Or do they just say thanks for your time and don't even counter offer?

 

If I'm them I let him go and look to make my own hire. Xavier might have the money to do it, but that doesn't mean they have to spend the money.

Does Anthony Grant stay if someone else comes in as head coach?

 

He's a great defensive mind.

 

I thought I heard/read somewhere that Grant was going to Oklahoma City with Donovan. Anybody else hear that?

Does XU have the ability to break open the checkbook to keep him? Or do they just say thanks for your time and don't even counter offer?

 

Bigger question goes XU want to?

I'm not convinced Mack is an elite coach. He's really good, but I don't think he's on the same level as Miller or Mata were before they left.

 

While I somewhat agree, have to remember that the academic standards for XU are not the same as many other schools, that plays a part.

Bigger question goes XU want to?

 

If Mack leaves for Florida, I'd be somewhat surprised if Travis Steele didn't end up replacing him.

Mack will almost surely double, maybe even triple, his income at Florida. Hard to fault him for taking the job if offered, even if it does mean leaving your home town.

 

Mack wanted the Tennessee job when it opened and was rumored to Texas.

 

Leaving his hometown isn't an issue.

I thought I heard/read somewhere that Grant was going to Oklahoma City with Donovan. Anybody else hear that?

Read that one of his assistants was going to coach the D League, but it didn't say which one, Grant or Pelfrey.

I'm not convinced Mack is an elite coach. He's really good, but I don't think he's on the same level as Miller or Mata were before they left.
He would have to want to stay for that to matter, and from what I've heard he wants out.

Being reported that Louisiana Tech's Michael White has emerged as the leading candidate for the job.

 

Shocked. Does this mean Miller, Mack, and Pitino all said no?

Being reported that Louisiana Tech's Michael White has emerged as the leading candidate for the job.

 

Shocked. Does this mean Miller, Mack, and Pitino all said no?

 

Makes you wander how much those coaches buy outs are?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.