Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida Coaching Position

Featured Replies

Anyone else remember White playing at Ole Miss? I saw him play in person a few times. Solid player.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By "NOTHING" you mean his team has not won games in the NCAA tournament. Winning your league regular season for 3 consecutive seasons has to count for something. I am not sure how many coaches can say they won at least 27 games in each of their last 3 seasons. Sounds more like the Billy Donovan hire when he was brought to Gainesville. I am not saying he will be good or bad... hell, he may get the axe mid-season, but I can't say he has done "NOTHING".

 

That's the problem. Florida isn't the same program it was 20 years ago when Donovan was hired. They shouldn't have had to hire a guy with little experience and no success. And yes, when you coach in a crappy league regular season success means nothing. If you can't get your team to the tournament then you've done nothing.

Anyone else remember White playing at Ole Miss? I saw him play in person a few times. Solid player.

 

Yes I do. Very good player. He and Keith Carter were a pretty good back court duo.

That tells me that Foley isn't serious about basketball.

 

Don't agree. White is a solid coach

When I saw that Mack had hired a new assistant coach yesterday I figured that meant he was not in the running for Florida.

 

White appears to have done a lot of recruiting in Florida so that was probably a positive factor for him.

This is about like Tennessee hiring Donnie Tyndall (without the background stuff). In terms of coaching only, Tyndall was off to a good start at UT. I figure White will be similar as long as he can recruit at UF.

With the obvious difference that they've both actually won a lot at their current jobs. White has done NOTHING at Louisiana Tech.

 

I have seen Michael White's team play and I think he will show that your evaluation of him is wrong.

 

I think he is a great hire for Florida. However, Billy the Kid is a tough act to follow.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.