Bracken County's new coach: Jason Hinson

Augusta goes 77-47 over four years, I would venture to guess the best four year stretch in the history of the school....including consecutive district titles, eliminating Mason Co both years, four region trips....and yet he is overrated and it is implied that some in the system were happy to see him go?

Yeah, smells like there is an ax grinding, and grapes are souring.

Winning % wise it is the second best stretch by a few decimals.

2001-2004 62.85% 66-39

20012-2015 62.09% 77-47

The 2012-2015 teams have all the hardware and more wins which is absolutely the best 4 year stretch in school history.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2001-2004 62.85% 66-39

20012-2015 62.09% 77-47

The 2012-2015 teams have all the hardware and more wins which is absolutely the best 4 year stretch in school history.

Also the 2012-2015 group played much tougher schedules during their run.

Wins, win percentage, District titles, first Class A title in school history, best 4-year stretch in school history, Coach of the Year awards, 1st Regional Tournament win since 1950...all that stuff is overrated.

Wins, win percentage, District titles, first Class A title in school history, best 4-year stretch in school history, Coach of the Year awards, 1st Regional Tournament win since 1950...all that stuff is overrated.

I never remember being concerned about a game with A-Town until Jason arrived.

Robin Kelsch had some pretty solid teams, but the last 4 years have seen Augusta go to a different level.

Different everything, Coaches, players, etc and it took ALL the parts working together to achieve in both eras. I obviously know the 2012-2015 group better as well.

Different everything, Coaches, players, etc and it took ALL the parts working together to achieve in both eras. I obviously know the 2012-2015 group better as well.

Yeah, but being in Augusta FOREVER, you have vast knowledge of season's prior.

I know we all agree on one thing, (well almost everybody) that I would feel real good about my teams future with Coach Hinson at the helm. He will build that Bracken program from the ground up and I wouldn't want anybody else in charge of that. Bright days ahead for BC!

2001-2004 62.85% 66-39

20012-2015 62.09% 77-47

Are we talking over the past 20 years or in school history?

5 straight years in the regional tournament is the longest in school history.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Is what makes the world go around isnt it,,, Who is not gonna take a job, thats closer-more money- and he played there, Its a no brainier

Sorry, didn't mean it that way. I was quoting about Augusta making the region 5 years in a row. $$$$$ for the Augusta program. I'm not Commenting, nor will I, on Mr. Hinson just commenting on the Augusta program.

Sorry, didn't mean it that way. I was quoting about Augusta making the region 5 years in a row. $$$$$ for the Augusta program. I'm not Commenting, nor will I, on Mr. Hinson just commenting on the Augusta program.

The money received by going to the region makes a huge difference to small schools!

First off I want to say I absolutely love this site. It's a great place to discuss high school sports for the great state of Kentucky! With that said I followed the site for many years without creating an account for a few reasons.

1. I mainly just want to see scores and discussion about the games.

2. Some of the threads have a great comic relief to them

3. I was afraid I could not filter my post to keep from getting kicked off the site with some of the frustrating things I read. :lol:

The reason I pick this time and this thread to post is because I follow the 10th region very closely. This thread has a lot of great post but also has a lot of hypocrisy as well. Not to mention that this thread has brought several new people to the site.

First off I want to congratulate Coach Hanson on his new endeavor and help he has many great things ahead of him. By reading some of these post it does not look like he had the support I thought he had at Augusta. I guess while he was winning it was all good but now the seasons over and he decided to take his coaching talents elsewhere he is not Such a good coach. At least that's the feeling I get from the Augusta faithful.

I can tell you I have followed Jason Hinson since he was at Saint Pat and there isn't a better guy or coach around.

Let's go back in a minute when Hinson was at Saint Pat if memory serves either two thirds or all three of those seniors to be were at Saint Pat as well. What if Hinson never had went to be the coach at Augusta? Would those three boys made their way to the panthers either? Maybe or maybe not. Not to mention Mr. Brent Bach was a freshman when Jason took the reigns at A-town. Now Bach was the best high school player I have seen in the 10th region since Chris Lofton and I'm not for one second taking anything away from his accomplishments, but without that trio of boys would Bach's legacy at Augusta be as great as it is now? We will never know.

Truth of the matter is this. Jason Hinson had St. Pat playing at a high level but with budget cuts they no longer had a place for them. If that had not occurred who know where we would be today. Those three boys with Sticklin. Wow maybe they would have been the powerhouse small school that Augusta has been these last 4-5 yrs.

Jason is a proven winner and it is my hope for him to carry on his winning ways at Bracken County. For anyone to get on here and say he is an overrated as a coach after the fact he has took another position is just absurd. After everyone in the fine town of Augusta has followed him and made him a icon in that town (could have ran for mayor and won in a landslide:lol2:) to turn your back on him and discredit him is just sour grapes. How a man can go from Coach Hinson loved and adored to Mr. Hinson ex coach in just a few days is just downright disrespectful to a man that put his heart and soul in your schools program.

And to make derogatory or negative comments about a player or players is ludicrous after all they have accomplished. Jason seen the writing on the wall and knew the talent pool after next season will be more like a puddle so he went somewhere where he can be successful and and to the nice career he is building for himself. And a raise to provide for his family. Who can blame him for that?

Before posting I went back and read some of the old threads to read the Augusta fans post how much they were behind Jason saying he's a great coach and will have these kids playing at a high-level boasting they had the 10th region coach of the year to he's just an okay Coach an overrated coach just baffles me

Why don't we as a group just uses thread as it was intended on giving our congrats to Jason and hopes he can be as successful as he's been over his coaching career, instead of trying to tear him down. What people don't understand is how hard of a decision this had to be for him.

Edited by Rick Grimes
Spelling