Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis Meteorologist Slams John Calipari, Calls Him a Snake Oil Salesman

Featured Replies

He should have thought this one out a little better before speaking...Have Memphis or UMass been relevant since he left?

 

NO....Well unless you consider having a guy named Bruiser Flint being relevant. :lol2:

Everyone loves where they are at the time. When Cal moves on, the next school will be greater than UK when he is asked. Tell me a coach who has made a quote that says the last school was better.

I do agree the comments were not that flattering. He should have said he took them to the big table, even without the luxuries given to him at UK.

During his tenure as head coach at UL (I think it was around 2005), I have heard Rick Pitino say in a television interview that he wishes he had never left UK. I believe he made a reference to UK being his "dream job," or something to that effect. When I had heard him say this, I thought that the UL fans probably didn't think too much of his comments.

Funny how Cal calls those places "the little table" (I agree with UMass and A10) yet he couldn't win conference USA until teams like Louisville, UC, and Marquette left for the Big East.

 

Memphis has one of the top 15 highest basketball budgets in the country. But Cal's right, he had little to work with there. :lol2:

Funny how Cal calls those places "the little table" (I agree with UMass and A10) yet he couldn't win conference USA until teams like Louisville, UC, and Marquette left for the Big East.

 

Memphis has one of the top 15 highest basketball budgets in the country. But Cal's right, he had little to work with there. :lol2:

What has Memphis done since he left? He had them in the title game.

I better Cal could predict snowfall totals and when it is going to rain better than this guy.

What has Memphis done since he left? He had them in the title game.

They lost an exhibition game to DII Christian Brothers this year.:thumb:

Funny how Cal calls those places "the little table" (I agree with UMass and A10) yet he couldn't win conference USA until teams like Louisville, UC, and Marquette left for the Big East.

 

Memphis has one of the top 15 highest basketball budgets in the country. But Cal's right, he had little to work with there. :lol2:

 

Yeah budget is great, but its not exactly a place where players are like hey I really want to go play for Memphis one day. So yes it is definitely a harder place to win it and takes more time.

A Memphis meteorologist took exception to some comments made by John Calipari following his Hall of Fame speech last week.

Joey Sulipeck, a meteorologist at FOX 13 in Memphis, hammered Calipari during a live broadcast. Sulipeck called Calipari a snake oil salesman and a spin doctor.

The rant was triggered by Calipari’s comparison of Kentucky to his former schools (Memphis and UMASS):

 

“I loved those places. I loved those jobs,” he said of Memphis and UMass, “but you were at the little table, you weren’t at the big table. You never got to carve the turkey. You had plastic forks and knives.”

 

What he just said was ignorant and cheap. He’s a spin doctor. I hope somebody YouTubes this and sends it to him. That cat is a spin doctor, snake oil salesman that will turn anything in his direction.”

He continued, “Say you’re at the kid table with plasic utensils? Give me a plastic utensil and walk by me, Calipari.”

 

 

 

Memphis Meteorologist Slams John Calipari, Calls Him a Snake Oil Salesman | Nation of Blue

 

So did this guy really threaten Cal on live television?

Cal BLEW the title game he was in at Memphis against Kansas. Don't ever forget that. Ever.

Cal BLEW the title game he was in at Memphis against Kansas. Don't ever forget that. Ever.

 

How many free throws did Cal miss in that game?

How many free throws did Cal miss in that game?

 

How many does he make when his teams win? Same number.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.