Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sam Dekker NCAA Stats & UK Game Predictions

Featured Replies

Dekker has seen and played against the likes of Lyles before. I guarantee he has never played against anyone like Willie. Willie is a 7 foot freak. You can put Towns on Frank and Willie on Sam and then we'll see what Wisconsin is made of. Towns is man enough to handle Frank. He's seen guys like Frank before. Willie can be a problem for Dekker and there is no way I let Sam get loose against UK. That would be a problem. Sam can handle Lyles. I don't think he can handle Willie.

 

Word

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dekker has had a great tournament and I've loved watching him play all year. Won't love watching him Saturday.

@PurplePride92, I'm with you. I put Willie on him and hope that his length and disrupt some of Dekker's flow. I would like to see Towns against Frank, but I feel he'll pick up two early fouls. I think I start Lyles on him. Maybe play Towns on him later.

 

This option is sound. I guess I would have to decide where I think the team will be most effective, with Lyles guarding the perimeter or the post? For me, the answer is the perimeter and I would put him out there on Dekker. I also get the sense that I like Lyles as a defender more than others.

This option is sound. I guess I would have to decide where I think the team will be most effective, with Lyles guarding the perimeter or the post? For me, the answer is the perimeter and I would put him out there on Dekker. I also get the sense that I like Lyles as a defender more than others.

 

My issue with Lyles on Dekker is I'm not sure he's quick enough to keep him in front of him consistently without fouling. I have no such concerns with Willie.

Kentucky has nobody that can stop Dekker. It's going to be real ugly Saturday. Towns will be in foul trouble from the get go. It's going to be a Badger Beat down.

I think Lyles will start on Dekker just to help keep Towns out of foul trouble. If you play WCS on Dekker then Towns is going to have to guard Kaminsky and would probably get in foul trouble.

I think Lyles will start on Dekker jsut ot help keep Towns out of foul trouble. If you play WCS on Dekker then Towns is going to have to guard Kaminsky and would probably get in foul trouble.

 

Why does Towns have to guard Kaminsky?

Well if WCS guards Dekker and Towns doesn't guard Kaminsky he would then have to guard Hayes who plays out on the floor as much or more than Dekker does. To me the idea match up would be WCS on Dekker, Towns on Kaminsky and Lyles on Hayes, but I just worry about Towns getting into early foul trouble.

I think most of you are over thinking this. Willie guards Dekker and to me it's a no brainer. Towns on Kaminsky, Lyles on #10 .

 

The real question is, who guards Towns?

Kentucky has nobody that can stop Dekker. It's going to be real ugly Saturday. Towns will be in foul trouble from the get go. It's going to be a Badger Beat down.

 

All I saw was the avatar. I was like, what the hell is wrong with MJ? :lol2: :lol2:

I think most of you are over thinking this. Willie guards Dekker and to me it's a no brainer. Towns on Kaminsky, Lyles on #10 .

 

The real question is, who guards Towns?

 

Truth.

The more I think about the game, the more comfortable I become that this one will not be an "instant classic" like last year's battle.

 

I think the X factor is going to be Kentucky's size on the perimeter and their depth. The last 5-7 minutes Wisconsin will be gassed IMO.

The more I think about the game, the more comfortable I become that this one will not be an "instant classic" like last year's battle.

 

I think the X factor is going to be Kentucky's size on the perimeter and their depth. The last 5-7 minutes Wisconsin will be gassed IMO.

 

I've never wanted you to be more right with your opinion, but you'll be wrong as usual. :sssh::lol2::sneaky:;)

I've never wanted you to be more right with your opinion, but you'll be wrong as usual. :sssh::lol2::sneaky:;)

 

Right....

I just looked at the Duke/Wisconsin box score. Dekker only played 24 minutes, and only had 5 points. He had 0 fouls so that obviously wasn't a problem. I don't remember much about this game. Who did Duke have on Dekker? Why did he only play 24 minutes. Did Okafor guard Kaminksy? Did Duke play zone?

 

 

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400587822

Coastal Carolina: 20 pts., 8/15 FG, 4/8 3pt.,

Oregon: 17 pts., 3/8 FG, 3/8 3pt.,

North Carolina: 23 pts., 10/15 Fg, 1/5 3pt.,

Arizona: 27 pts., 8/11 FG, 5/6 3pt.,

 

Averages:

PPG - 21.75

FG - 60.38%

3Pt - 48.15%

 

 

 

Not shabby numbers.

 

How does everything think he plays this weekend?

 

Who from UK checks him?

 

Strengths? Weaknesses? (specific to the matchup UK will have)

 

I'd like to think he comes back to life a little considering he's been around 33% the last 2 years from 3.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.