This is exactly why our protections against double jeopardy are important.

Amanda Knox decision on appeal of her 2nd conviction expected today and if her second conviction is upheld Italy could ask for her extradition.

History. She was tried and convicted, overturned on appeal, re-tired and acquitted, returned to the US, acquittal appealed and overturned, re-tried again in absentia, convicted and sentenced to 28 years.

LINK

Our system may have issues but this is absurd. If the conviction is upheld there's no way she should be extradited.

Since we have an extradition treaty with Italy, I'd be very surprised if she wasn't handed over.

For the record, I am totally against the U.S. handing her over though and if they don't, she should make sure she never steps foot outside the U.S. for the rest of her life.

Since we have an extradition treaty with Italy, I'd be very surprised if she wasn't handed over.

For the record, I am totally against the U.S. handing her over though and if they don't, she should make sure she never steps foot outside the U.S. for the rest of her life.

Doubtful she would be handed over I think.

Didn't really follow the case that closely, does it look like she and boyfriend were actually guilty or not?

From what I've read the prosecutors had flimsy evidence that was constantly in flux. When one theory was debunked they came up with another.