Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County New Head Coach

Featured Replies

Has he coached before?

I know Coach Steele has worn many hats at Boone County...he's their AD, and has been on the coaching staffs for wrestling and football both (I'm not sure whether or not he was on Coach Griffith's staff).

 

So do folks seem to think this is a hire to get them through the next year, or is Coach Steele looking to remain as head football coach for a while?

 

@theguru ...any input here?

Looking at the status of the program and this decision, it makes me think that there weren't any great candidates that applied so Steele stepped up

Looking at the status of the program and this decision, it makes me think that there weren't any great candidates that applied so Steele stepped up

 

This or those that did apply refused or had there own vision of the company line and the school didnt like that.

I know Coach Steele has worn many hats at Boone County...he's their AD, and has been on the coaching staffs for wrestling and football both (I'm not sure whether or not he was on Coach Griffith's staff).

 

So do folks seem to think this is a hire to get them through the next year, or is Coach Steele looking to remain as head football coach for a while?

 

@theguru ...any input here?

 

All things considered this is probably a good hire.

Congrats to Coach Steele!

Conner, Ryle, and Cooper all have some very good freshman and eighth grade talent coming up. Boone going to have to develop some young talent. Going to be a very tough district for the next few years.

Looking at the status of the program and this decision, it makes me think that there weren't any great candidates that applied so Steele stepped up

 

I heard that only ten applied for the job.

All things considered this is probably a good hire.

 

 

I agree Guru, the kids love playing for him.

I agree Guru, the kids love playing for him.

That alone will make a difference in the kids performance.

I wish Coach Steele good luck. I hope the Rebel faithful get behind him and support the program. It may take some time to really get the program back on track.

Now that that's settled, I can't wait for football season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.