Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Semi-finals Monday @BOK

Featured Replies

Monday's semi's CCH vs St. Henry At 6:30 and Dixie Heights vs Holmes at 8:00 @Bok. Four great games to start this tourney with 2 upsets (my thoughts). Who wins and why? Lets keep this to these 4 teams not what happened on Fri. and Sat. Debate that on another thread.

Monday's semi's CCH vs St. Henry At 6:30 and Dixie Heights vs Holmes at 8:00 @Bok. Four great games to start this tourney with 2 upsets (my thoughts). Who wins and why? Lets keep this to these 4 teams not what happened on Fri. and Sat. Debate that on another thread.

 

Please.... can't we debate it here? it's so much drama. lol

  • Author

I guess all the other BGP ' s lost or have no opinion.

Seems like every champion has to dodge a bullet somewhere along the road and CovCath dodged theirs.

 

The Colonels do not seem to be playing at the top of their games right now (loss to Dixie, near-miss vs Newport) but I do think that they will have their way with the Cru.

 

I'll leave the Dixie-Holmes prediction to those better informed than myself.

Holmes is hot right now and Bolden can carry them past Dixie but IMO it wont happen. Dixie has the depth and size to slow the game down and dominate the paint.

 

CovCath should handle the Cru easily setting up a Dixie/CovCath Final.

I see us having at least one very interesting game with Dixie/Holmes. If Holmes doesn't get frustrated, I see them winning as they did against Dixie at Dixie. Bolden, Avery and McClendon will have to play well. I am thinking CovCath will come out of the gate strong.

Seems like every champion has to dodge a bullet somewhere along the road and CovCath dodged theirs.

 

The Colonels do not seem to be playing at the top of their games right now (loss to Dixie, near-miss vs Newport) but I do think that they will have their way with the Cru.

 

I'll leave the Dixie-Holmes prediction to those better informed than myself.

 

I would agree with the bolded IF CCH didn't manhandle Beechwood and Holmes in districts.

 

Cov Cath beat St. Henry by 28 back in December. Obviously, that means nothing now. What is St. Henry's best bet to beat CCH? Should they play a zone and try to slow the Colonels down or should they try to run the floor and beat them to the basket?

 

My opinion, the Crusaders don't have the bodies to beat Cov Cath. They are a good team, I just think CCH is better. But anything can happen. I'll take Cov Cath by 17, in a game that is close for 3 quarters.

 

As for Dixie and Holmes, I would like to see another 35th district rematch. CCH and Holmes have met in the regional finals 4 or 5 times in the past ten years. It would be interesting to see it again. But I'll take the Red Colonels by 5.

34th vs 35th in both games.

 

When is the last time the semi teams were from 2 districts?

34th vs 35th in both games.

 

When is the last time the semi teams were from 2 districts?

 

Not sure, but I would like to know how many times at least one 35th district team has been in the finals in the past 10 or 15 years. I know a few years ago was a New Cath/Dixie final, but can't think of many outside of that.

34th vs 35th in both games.

 

When is the last time the semi teams were from 2 districts?

 

2001

 

33rd Conner

33rd Simon Kenton

 

36th Highlands

36th NewCath

 

Conner 57 NewCath 53 (OT)

Highlands 49 Simon Kenton 46 (OT)

 

Highlands 57 Conner 53 (2 OT's)

....

 

Certainly CovCath is 100% focused on the Cru, but I'm equally certain they would LOVE another shot at Dixie. That said, I'm such a huge fan of Beetle, I'd love to see his career extended until Tuesday night.

 

Hope to see a HUGE crowd at the BOK tomorrow.

34th vs 35th in both games.

 

When is the last time the semi teams were from 2 districts?

 

 

 

Yesterday in the girls 9th region semi's.

 

Sorry I guess you meant boys.

Not sure, but I would like to know how many times at least one 35th district team has been in the finals in the past 10 or 15 years. I know a few years ago was a New Cath/Dixie final, but can't think of many outside of that.

 

From 2004 through today only 2 finals did not have a 35th district team: 2011 and 2012.

CovCath over St. Henry by 15

 

Holmes over Dixie by 8

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.