Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class Of 2016 Getting D1 Looks

Featured Replies

If you are good enough to play DI but the offer on the field is not a full ride, academics help pick up the rest, thats all. If you have two equal DI recruits a school is after, one with a ACT of say 26 or better as opposed to one having a 19 or so, who is more attractive and where can the program save $$ on another recruit...I'm just saying you have more to ride on and may jump ahead of others on the recruit list.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a kid has a 30+ ACT score and feels he is D1 potential, he should send that info to every Ivy League and high level academic school out there. That is the best D1 "scholarship" opportunity there is for 99.9% of the athletes.

 

Exactly!!

I have a lot to say about a really good football player but I am waiting for the right time to say it. :D

Correct. Hence the reason for the quotations on "scholarships". If you get into an Ivy League school nowadays, cost will not be an issue. If you are at the bottom end of the income scale, the endowment will pay your way. If you are at the top end, cost isn't an issue.

 

Bottom line - if your parents make less than $100,000 a year, I am pretty sure you will go to most Ivy League schools at a minimal cost that you can easily afford. That pretty much equals scholarship and you are at a school that should set you up for success for the rest of your life.

 

As I believe Ivy League is a great opportunity, it does come with a financial coast even with academic scholarship. I am familiar with one NKY athlete who chose paying a certain amount for Ivy league over a full ride offer to MU for 2 sports that he enjoyed playing. You can't beat an Ivy league education and if you can afford it even with the academic scholarship I believe it's the best route.

I would only attend camps with invites and a few dream school camps (Ohio state,UK). The rest would be by invite only. That's if you can gain interest if not go to all of them.

 

I totally disagree about attending only invited camps. It's called " a diamond in the rough". The fee of $50 is worth showing up on a college campus for a 4 hour camp and putting your unknown or never seen talents out in front of a staff. A bonus is that there are usually several other college coaches attending these camps, so if you don't impress the host coach, some other coach or smaller level college may be interested. You have to dictate the presentation and let them decide. It's better than not trying at all!

I totally disagree about attending only invited camps. It's called " a diamond in the rough". The fee of $50 is worth showing up on a college campus for a 4 hour camp and putting your unknown or never seen talents out in front of a staff. A bonus is that there are usually several other college coaches attending these camps, so if you don't impress the host coach, some other coach or smaller level college may be interested. You have to dictate the presentation and let them decide. It's better than not trying at all!

I did say if you don't gain intrest go to all the camps you can! All I'm saying is find out what school likes your film. Go to those camps. If no one likes the film then go to as many as you can. It's a different experience to be invited vs not.

  • Author
Ron Rice from Scott High School had a visit to Western Kentucky last I heard. Good luck to him going into his Senior year on the

Line at Scott.

 

He also has a visit to Cornell and Ohio University . He has several camp invites as well.

England from Ryle has had the following schools actively recruiting him. Purdue, UK, UC, Georgia southern, Northern Arizona, Holy Cross, Cornell, Mizzou, Murray State, recently asked and or viewed film on him Akron, Cal, Lsu, Wisconsin.

 

England is a VERY good football player, definitely one of the best in NKY this season for sure. But LSU, Wisconsin, UK, and any other big time D1 school is wasting a scholarship if they offer him. Not sour grapes at all so please don't think I am putting the kid down, I just think he will fit at a lower level D1 if at all like WKU or somewhere similar. Again, great player, not putting the kid down, just not major D1 talent IMO

I believe Marcus Watson from Cooper is gaining interest from some of the smaller mid major schools.

England is a VERY good football player' date=' definitely one of the best in NKY this season for sure. But LSU, Wisconsin, UK, and any other big time D1 school is wasting a scholarship if they offer him. Not sour grapes at all so please don't think I am putting the kid down, I just think he will fit at a lower level D1 if at all like WKU or somewhere similar. Again, great player, not putting the kid down, just not major D1 talent IMO[/quote']

 

I think Miles Simpson repainted the landscape and expectations.

I believe Marcus Watson from Cooper is gaining interest from some of the smaller mid major schools.

I do not see him at that level, but I would be very happy to be wrong.

I think Miles Simpson repainted the landscape and expectations.

You might be right, Miles better period.

He also has a visit to Cornell and Ohio University . He has several camp invites as well.

 

That's great to hear !!! Can't wait to see where he ends up picking in the end !!

That's great to hear !!! Can't wait to see where he ends up picking in the end !!

 

Smith from NCC will be attending Ohio University this Saturday.

Smith from NCC will be attending Ohio University this Saturday.

 

Also SK's Dillon Powell . He went to UC's Junior day a few weeks ago.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.