Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Winston solid number 1 after combine.

Featured Replies

I'll wait and see on Winston. The more everybody raves about him, the more I get nervous about him. I would be concerned about taking him as I don't want a QB I feel like I have to baby sit. I agree with Cowherd when he says the two most important things about a QB are accuracy and maturity. His accuracy appears to be a positive. Maturity...not so much...although he can grow into that obviously. We will see.

 

He threw a ton of interceptions last year as well, which scares me a bit too...

Don't be shocked if he throws more interceptions this coming year than he will touchdowns. See Peyton Manning's rookie year for reference.

That's the question. And my money says that Tampa Bay does.

 

I would say that is a safe bet. People trying to convince themselves it is a two horse race for the #1 QB slot have not been watching. Again, Winston knew he could compete this past weekend at the combine not because he had a point to prove, it was because he had nothing to lose. He is the clear-cut #1 QB.

Don't be shocked if he throws more interceptions this coming year than he will touchdowns. See Peyton Manning's rookie year for reference.

 

If they throw him to the wolves right away, yes.

 

Something like an 18/22 ratio wouldn't shock me at all.

If Tampa doesn't draft Winston then I'm burning my Tampa hoodie and moving my chips all in with Aaron and Green Bay.

If they throw him to the wolves right away, yes.

 

Something like an 18/22 ratio wouldn't shock me at all.

 

If they take him first, he's under center day 1, IMO.

  • Author
If Tampa doesn't draft Winston then I'm burning my Tampa hoodie and moving my chips all in with Aaron and Green Bay.

 

A true Tampa Bay fan, I see. :D

I think it is safe to say Tampa drafts him. Tampa would be stupid to pass up a FSU player that will sell tickets.

A true Tampa Bay fan, I see. :D

 

I'm gonna always keep it real. :D

Ron Jaworski has some advice for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as they consider picking Jameis Winston with the first overall pick in the NFL draft: Don’t do it.

 

Jaworski said on Mike & Mike that he simply doesn’t think Winston is a good enough passer to make him worth going No. 1 overall.

 

“I’ve studied a lot of him, I think Jameis Winston has a big upside in the NFL, but there are some real flaws to his game,” Jaworski said. “Quite honestly, I would not take him at that No. 1 pick.”

 

Jaworski on Jameis: A lot of on-field flaws, I wouldn?t take him No. 1 | ProFootballTalk

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.