David Wirth

Coach Wirth got a bad deal in Park Hills and now its time to close that chapter and put it all behind him. MSJ lost a very good recruiter and Purcell is getting a really good coach and a better man...:thumb:

Probably no worse a deal than Jack Eicher got in Ft. Thomas...

• Like 1

Probably no worse a deal than Jack Eicher got in Ft. Thomas...

Big difference CF, we talking Highlands football and CovCath football...really no comparison...but you are right Jack was a great guy but not the right fit at Highlands and I am guessing Dave was not the right fit at CovCath. Things happen for a reason:thumb:

Big difference CF, we talking Highlands football and CovCath football...really no comparison...but you are right Jack was a great guy but not the right fit at Highlands and I am guessing Dave was not the right fit at CovCath. Things happen for a reason:thumb:

Ohhhhhhhh, I see.

So CCH has a head coach who spends 6 seasons at the helm, has a 65% winning average and never manages to get out of region in the playoffs. Meanwhile, he has been going out and applying for every open head coaching job on the market, and when CCH decides to let him go, he gets "a bad deal".

On the other hand, when Highlands' head coach spends 4 years on the job, posts a 70% winning record and gets one regional win in the playoffs, Highlands cans him. BUT, there's just no justifying the comparison of his firing to what happened at CCH with Wirth because, well, Highlands is Highlands.

Geeze...and Highlands fans act like they don't understand why no one around the state can stand them. SMH.

Ohhhhhhhh, I see.

So CCH has a head coach who spends 6 seasons at the helm, has a 65% winning average and never manages to get out of region in the playoffs. Meanwhile, he has been going out and applying for every open head coaching job on the market, and when CCH decides to let him go, he gets "a bad deal".

On the other hand, when Highlands' head coach spends 4 years on the job, posts a 70% winning record and gets one regional win in the playoffs, Highlands cans him. BUT, there's just no justifying the comparison of his firing to what happened at CCH with Wirth because, well, Highlands is Highlands.

Geeze...and Highlands fans act like they don't understand why no one around the state can stand them. SMH.

I have no idea about getting a raw deal for either coach, but Eicher had one playoff game win in 4 years. That's why they got rid of him. I believe he is the only coach before and since to not have won a state championship. He was a very nice guy, he was not a great Highlands coach. The coach that replaced him won state in his second year with a terrible team by all accounts.

Ohhhhhhhh, I see.

Iam glad you understand...and I too understand why no one likes Highlands or it's fans as it goes with the territory.

But this is about Coach Wirth so let's move on... Good luck to him

• 1 year later...
Coach Wirth has been announced the new head coach at Purcell Marian in Cincinnati. I would assume that means Cov Cath will be looking for a new religion teacher next year. Good luck to Coach Wirth and the Cavaliers!

Purcell Marian football is currently 3-0...the first time since 2003. Nice work by Coach Wirth and the Cavaliers!

• 1 year later...
I have no idea about getting a raw deal for either coach, but Eicher had one playoff game win in 4 years. That's why they got rid of him. I believe he is the only coach before and since to not have won a state championship. He was a very nice guy, he was not a great Highlands coach. The coach that replaced him won state in his second year with a terrible team by all accounts.

As turns out Coach Wirth and Coach Eicher had a lot in common... Eddie won state in his second year and is a run the likes of which CovCath has not seen since the 90's.

Coach Wirth did some nice things at CovCath but wasn't capable of taking them to the next level... his time at Purcell I believe confirms that he has trouble elevating his players to the next level... Good not great.... average not good..

• 1 year later...