Taveion Hollingsworth - '17 Guard, Dunbar - Recruiting

Given all the hype that I've put out for Darius Williams, I thought it was only fair that I added a thread for PG Taveion Hollingsworth, who is one of the brightest young stars in the 11th.

I'll add more in terms of statistics, etc. once I've got some more time to calculate everything, but wanted to start this one off and provide some highlights.

Taveion plays AAU with the Matts Mustangs out of West Virginia, and is a kid who is certainly talented enough to play at the next level given the right fit.

Enjoy.

• 1 year later...
WKU Head Coach Rick Standbury, UAB assistant Jackson, and UK assistant Justice were all at practice last night. UAB and WKU have offered.

Would love to see him at UK. I think offensively he would be good enough.

I would rather see him go somewhere where he would/could be on the court all 4 years in a greater capacity than what usually happens to Kentucky kids at UK.

In no way am I discounting his talent by saying this, but if he went to a Mid-Major school rather than UK, he has a greater chance at proving/marketing himself such as a Shelvin Mack did going to Butler.

Just my 2cents, but I don't want to see such a talented kid getting bench time & mop up minutes at UK & that seems to be what happens to nearly all Kentucky kids.

I would rather see him go somewhere where he would/could be on the court all 4 years in a greater capacity than what usually happens to Kentucky kids at UK.

In no way am I discounting his talent by saying this, but if he went to a Mid-Major school rather than UK, he has a greater chance at proving/marketing himself such as a Shelvin Mack did going to Butler.

Just my 2cents, but I don't want to see such a talented kid getting bench time & mop up minutes at UK & that seems to be what happens to nearly all Kentucky kids.

Agree with this as well. I'm just selfish & like seeing KY kids that can play get some time at UK.

Hopefully he ends up where its best for HIM.

• 2 weeks later...

I think WKU would be a perfect fit for him, especially with that nice class they have coming in next year. They've got a 10, 2017 kid and another top 50-60, I believe.

Being from Indiana I will make a comparison between Hollingsworth and a kid I saw play numerous times about 10 years ago from up here. Games are similar, quickness and crossovers are similar, getting to the rim are similar, just not quite as athletic with the explosive bounce this kid had. Him and Jeff Teague. Swear they remind me of each other @ the same age. good luck to wherever he chooses. Can't wait to check him and many others out @ the K.O.B. next month.