(2021 Update) Pulaski and Southwestern to get Turf for their fields.

Jumper_Dad

According to the newspaper today, the Pulaski County School Board as decided to install Turf at both schools football fields. The fields will be multipurpose allowing usage by both schools soccer teams.

No mention of the cost or expense of installing the fields was discussed in the article.

A photo similar to this accompanied the article...

53d07cdc4835a.image.jpg

Purists hate it, but it is a sound investment. Congratulations to both schools.

I take it Somerset is an independent school and not under the PCBOE responsibility?

Yes, Somerset's is an Independent School System.

There was talk of this happening at Somerset also, but I've not heard anything in quite a while. This may prod the SBOE to move forward, but I doubt it. They like saving that nest egg they've built up.

Yes. Personal opinion here, but I've always thought Somerset's field was much better taken care of than was Pulaski or Southwestern.

It's had it's ups and downs over the years...but as a whole you are correct, IMO.

Drainage at Somerset has always been really good for a 40 year old field.

Somerset better follow suit if they know whats best for them.

I hope they do, but I'll believe it is happening when I see the grass being dug up.

For the record Somerset had never won a game on turf until a couple of years ago at Hazard...turf hasn't been good to the Jumpers in the past :lol2:

Somerset needs a turf field now more than ever. They are in a fight with the co schools for kids. The contract or lack of one I should say has hurt them more than they will lead people to believe. Now with the recent success of the co football programs and the upgraded fields Somerset needs to a field too. No longer is it just a high school football thing. Middle school football will play there, boys and girls scoccer both middle and high school, and I'm sure the PCYFL teams will get some games on those fields as well. Somerset is in a fight to keep the kids they have and kids love to play on turf. Without a new field they are in a fight they will lose. Simple as that.

• Jumper_Dad changed the title to (2021 Update) Pulaski and Southwestern to get Turf for their fields.