Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pikeville NEW WEIGHT ROOM

Featured Replies

All the stuff looks great but in a way Im sad to see some of the old equipment go cause my dad built some of it and that was something he was always proud of.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
All the stuff looks great but in a way Im sad to see some of the old equipment go cause my dad built some of it and that was something he was always proud of.

 

Like I said, the "old" stuff wasn't bad stuff...just didn't allow us to maximize space.

 

Come by and let's talk about some of those pieces your dad had a part of...NONE of these things will end up "scrapped." Maybe the ones he had a part of can find the most appropriate "home" outside PHS???

Like I said, the "old" stuff wasn't bad stuff...just didn't allow us to maximize space.

 

Come by and let's talk about some of those pieces your dad had a part of...NONE of these things will end up "scrapped." Maybe the ones he had a part of can find the most appropriate "home" outside PHS???

Dont get me wrong coach, I know that the new equipment was badly needed. I think all he built was one of the squat racks and a couple of the benches. This was like 10-12 years ago so the ones just took out may not even be the ones he built.

CoachJ: Great looking equipment and layout. Thanks for sharing the photos. Good luck to you and the team this year. I look for Pikeville to really make some noise this year.

Coach J

 

Do you guys utilize a "platform" area or do you even use these racks for those lifts as well??

 

Great looking and mostly EFFICIENT room!!

 

Keep up the good work.

It is a great looking facility, that's for sure. Good luck this season.

  • Author
Coach J

 

Do you guys utilize a "platform" area or do you even use these racks for those lifts as well??

 

Great looking and mostly EFFICIENT room!!

 

Keep up the good work.

 

We just do our things that require more movement (Power Cleans, Power Press, etc.) just outside the racks on the floor space available there.

 

I've never really understood the "platform" thing unless you've got bare concrete floors or something. Is the benefit of those the wooden floor your feet are on? I've always thought you get better foot-traction from the rubber mat myself. One drop of sweat on slick wood seems like a recipe for disaster to me...but I've never used one so I'm not sure.

  • Author
It is a great looking facility, that's for sure. Good luck this season.

 

A little luck along with the hard work never hurts. Thanks.

Nice stuff!

 

I assume it is for all sports, including the girls'?

  • Author
Nice stuff!

 

I assume it is for all sports, including the girls'?

 

Amen! We have several of the girls' basketball team working out DURING the "football" workout after school not to mention girls' bball, softball, track, and volleyball taking advantage of it all day in advanced PE classes.

 

The region champ Magoffin County girls bball team was a REALLY strong group of girls when we played them and I know that inspired a lot of our good young girls to realize the importance of STRENGTH on the basketball court.

Amen! We have several of the girls' basketball team working out DURING the "football" workout after school not to mention girls' bball, softball, track, and volleyball taking advantage of it all day in advanced PE classes.

 

The region champ Magoffin County girls bball team was a REALLY strong group of girls when we played them and I know that inspired a lot of our good young girls to realize the importance of STRENGTH on the basketball court.

 

 

Excellent! Glad to hear it! Wish we had that room!

Excellent! Glad to hear it! Wish we had that room!

 

No doubt.

 

I think that some of these teams would be surprised to see the Beechwood "weight" room. They would definitely wonder how they have won so many football games . . . . . .

 

Nice room CoachJ. Good luck this season.

No doubt.

 

I think that some of these teams would be surprised to see the Beechwood "weight" room. They would definitely wonder how they have won so many football games . . . . . .

 

Nice room CoachJ. Good luck this season.

 

 

THAT is a fact.:ylsuper:

Great looking weight room Coach, I especially like the plyo boxes. I wish St. X would put a little more emphasis on plyo to help players improve their quickness and power.

:fight:

 

Go PANTHERS! :D

:fight: :fight: :flame: :dancingpa

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.