Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do You Ever Question Your Faith?

Featured Replies

Are there times when you question it all? One day you go on a critical thinking spree and you question everything you've been told since you were a tot in Sunday school. Or maybe you hear how twenty elementary school kids get their tiny little faces torn off by a madman armed with an assault rifle and you think , "How could a loving God stand(or float) idly by and let this happen?" . Do you ever wonder that maybe out of trillions of worlds out there in the universe, there may just be several , where life just naturally evolves over billions of years? Especially, since there is absolutely no real evidence supporting anything that you want to believe?

 

Do you ever doubt what you believe? Ever any uncertainty that what you believe is wrong and someone else may be right?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you ever wonder that maybe out of trillions of worlds out there in the universe, there may just be several , where life just naturally evolves over billions of years? Especially, since there is absolutely no real evidence supporting anything that you want to believe?

 

Do you ever doubt what you believe? Ever any uncertainty that what you believe is wrong and someone else may be right?

 

Same could be said of your question, Especially, since there is absolutely no real evidence supporting anything that you want to believe?

I guess. Certain aspects maybe.

Other than the real hard core I would think that most people have had questions in their lives about their faith. I think it's pretty established that even those prominent in the Bible and the Koran had their questions at one time or another.

I've always figured that if Jesus himself asked tough questions, then it's normal & acceptable for me to do the same.

I will go so far as to say if I did not ever doubt, I would question whether my faith was authentic.

 

In and of itself, faith is being "sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Genuine faith, in my opinion, will naturally have doubts at some time or another.

Maybe a little on Sept. 11th 2001, of course I was still a young punky college kid. Maybe a few Christmases ago when that man shot and killed several kindergarten children.

 

In Matthew chapter 11, John the Baptist even sought confirmation of who Jesus was while he himself was in prison for talking about Jesus.

Are there times when you question it all? One day you go on a critical thinking spree and you question everything

 

Right back at you SF. Do you? Do you ever question how you can believe all that there is just happened by chance, and just how IMPOSSIBLE that really is?

I've always figured that if Jesus himself asked tough questions, then it's normal & acceptable for me to do the same.

 

I will go so far as to say if I did not ever doubt, I would question whether my faith was authentic.

 

In and of itself, faith is being "sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Genuine faith, in my opinion, will naturally have doubts at some time or another.

 

Perfect

I've always figured that if Jesus himself asked tough questions, then it's normal & acceptable for me to do the same.

 

That's perfect.

Right back at you SF. Do you? Do you ever question how you can believe all that there is just happened by chance, and just how IMPOSSIBLE that really is?

 

There are many miracles in science.

Right back at you SF. Do you? Do you ever question how you can believe all that there is just happened by chance, and just how IMPOSSIBLE that really is?

 

Along these same lines, I'd love to hear his explanation and proof (scientific, of course) of exactly how the world began. I won't hold my breath though.

Question? Absolutely.

 

Doubt? Never.

If you question are you not doubting? Not trying to get hung up on words here, but struggling to see how they wouldn't go hand-in-hand.
If you question are you not doubting? Not trying to get hung up on words here, but struggling to see how they wouldn't go hand-in-hand.

 

I question aspects of my faith almost daily. There are certain aspects I don't agree with or understand. Example from a recent thread, the Church's stance on birth control. I'll never agree with their stance on that and I question why they're so strict about it.

 

I've never once doubted that the faith I believe is "the Truth". Never doubted that Jesus is God's son, that he died to save us, and that through him we will all have eternal life. Those are the fundamental aspects of my faith, and I've never once doubted those beliefs.

 

I don't know if that answers your question or not. I'll try to put it another way. To me, to question is to seek understanding or answers. To doubt is to struggle with whether something is real or not, or is true or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.