Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All A State Tourney coverage on BGP

Featured Replies

I will be providing live play by play updates of the entire boys tourney (fri, sat, & sun of the girls tourney) from Press Row again this year. I will also have halftime and final game stats, as well as, my culinary reviews on the fine cuisine in the Hospitality Room. :lol2:

 

If you are in attendance at the Frankfort Convention Center come on down and say hi, I wouldn't be hard to find.

 

Thursday game times (Boys)

8:30

10:00

11:30

1:00

 

5:00

6:30

8:00

9:30

 

Friday game times (Boys)

5:00

6:30

8:00

9:30

 

Saturday game times (Boys)

6:00

7:30

 

Sunday (Boys)

2:30

 

Boys bracket http://www.allaclassic.org/State%20Brackets/2015%20Boys%20State%20Brackets.pdf

 

Game times for the Girls Tourney http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-girls-basketball/all-state-tourney-297340.html

I'm going to try to make it down Thursday night for the Augusta game.

 

Will feel funny being there "unemployed."

I will be providing live play by play updates of the entire boys tourney (fri, sat, & sun of the girls tourney) from Press Row again this year. I will also have halftime and final game stats, as well as, my culinary reviews on the fine cuisine in the Hospitality Room. :lol2:

 

If you are in attendance at the Frankfort Convention Center come on down and say hi, I wouldn't be hard to find.

 

Thursday game times (Boys)

8:30

10:00

11:30

1:00

 

5:00

6:30

8:00

9:30

 

Friday game times (Boys)

5:00

6:30

8:00

9:30

 

Saturday game times (Boys)

6:00

7:30

 

Sunday (Boys)

2:30

 

Boys bracket http://www.allaclassic.org/State%20Brackets/2015%20Boys%20State%20Brackets.pdf

 

Game times for the Girls Tourney http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-girls-basketball/all-state-tourney-297340.html

 

 

Awesome!!! Look forward to reading about all the games.

Your die-hard dedication and incessant multi-tasking in keeping us informed is admirable, amazing, and very much appreciated.

 

It also borders on being OCD, but don't let something like that stop you. In this case it's a good thing. I don't know how you do it.

 

You are happily facing the task of a total of 30 games that you will be reporting on. When exactly will you have time to breath?

 

Breathing???... well don't let something as insignificant as that stop you.

 

I think that I speak for everyone Lawnboy13... YOU THE MAN!!!, and thanks a million for spoiling us like crazy. We'd be foolish to take you for granted.

 

This is awesome of you, and we really appreciate all that you do. :thumb:

I plan to be there all day as well and will be tweeting updates of the game and other random stuff that entertains me. Only question is if I poop out by the last game. ha

  • Author
Your die-hard dedication and incessant multi-tasking in keeping us informed is admirable, amazing, and very much appreciated.

 

It also borders on being OCD, but don't let something like that stop you. In this case it's a good thing. I don't know how you do it.

 

You are happily facing the task of a total of 30 games that you will be reporting on. When exactly will you have time to breath?

 

Breathing???... well don't let something as insignificant as that stop you.

 

I think that I speak for everyone Lawnboy13... YOU THE MAN!!!, and thanks a million for spoiling us like crazy. We'd be foolish to take you for granted.

 

This is awesome of you, and we really appreciate all that you do. :thumb:

 

Thanks for the kind words.

 

A front and center seat for all these games........damn, now I know how TAC feels. :lol:

 

There are times I will miss something while typing out an update, but I really have a blast keeping he masses up to date. Plus the food is great in the Hospitality Room. ;) :lol2:

  • Author
I plan to be there all day as well and will be tweeting updates of the game and other random stuff that entertains me. Only question is if I poop out by the last game. ha

 

Come on down an say hi tomorrow.

Only question is if I poop out by the last game. ha

 

Try not to tweet about that! :lol2:

Should be a great tourney and glad you'll be providing updates Lawnboy13.

 

In the upper bracket, I think Buckhorn will be better than some are expecting, but I think Lexington Christian Academy gets out of the top bracket and into the semis.

 

Really interested in seeing the potential re-match between LCA and Newport Central Catholic go down. If they wind up meeting, I don't expect it to be nearly the blowout that it turned into last year.

 

Sayre is fairly good, or at least much better than many might think, and would win plenty of games in lots of other regions. I would think that at the least, Pergande probably starts or plays starter's minutes for basically any team in the 11th. Their final against LCA was a little misleading because I was told that game was close in the first half (13 all after Q1, 27-20 LCA at Half), but that LCA controlled most of the 2nd before subbing out at 4:00 with a 56-29 advantage.

 

Matt Rose is one of the best in the 11th, Drew Trimble is finally getting healthy and is one of the more underrated kids in the area, Stein is finally back and has a few games under his belt, and both Kyle Rode and Tre King are some younger guys who can still go. You'd like to see more consistency from King, but the potential is there. From what I can gather about Rode, he seems to be able to score and has the ability to do some things to help them win. LCA misses Hill, but they still have a lot of size across the board as compared to what they had last season when you add in Rode & King.

 

I know that NCC's size probably bothered LCA last year, but between what they lost and what LCA has back, I think it's got the makings of a good one. I'd imagine that NCC will be a slight favorite, but LCA is definitely capable of pulling it off.

 

Bottom bracket is interesting. Lots of teams who seem to have decent records and/or some things going for them. Just looking at records, you'd think you could see Owen County, Murray, Monroe County, or Williamsburg coming out of it. Anyone have any idea on the favorites or sleepers on that side?

  • Author
Should be a great tourney and glad you'll be providing updates Lawnboy13.

 

In the upper bracket, I think Buckhorn will be better than some are expecting, but I think Lexington Christian Academy gets out of the top bracket and into the semis.

 

Really interested in seeing the potential re-match between LCA and Newport Central Catholic go down. If they wind up meeting, I don't expect it to be nearly the blowout that it turned into last year.

 

Sayre is fairly good, or at least much better than many might think, and would win plenty of games in lots of other regions. I would think that at the least, Pergande probably starts or plays starter's minutes for basically any team in the 11th. Their final against LCA was a little misleading because I was told that game was close in the first half (13 all after Q1, 27-20 LCA at Half), but that LCA controlled most of the 2nd before subbing out at 4:00 with a 56-29 advantage.

 

Matt Rose is one of the best in the 11th, Drew Trimble is finally getting healthy and is one of the more underrated kids in the area, Stein is finally back and has a few games under his belt, and both Kyle Rode and Tre King are some younger guys who can still go. You'd like to see more consistency from King, but the potential is there. From what I can gather about Rode, he seems to be able to score and has the ability to do some things to help them win. LCA misses Hill, but they still have a lot of size across the board as compared to what they had last season when you add in Rode & King.

 

I know that NCC's size probably bothered LCA last year, but between what they lost and what LCA has back, I think it's got the makings of a good one. I'd imagine that NCC will be a slight favorite, but LCA is definitely capable of pulling it off.

 

Bottom bracket is interesting. Lots of teams who seem to have decent records and/or some things going for them. Just looking at records, you'd think you could see Owen County, Murray, Monroe County, or Williamsburg coming out of it. Anyone have any idea on the favorites or sleepers on that side?

 

Looking forward to seeing him play, was a treat last year.......SOLID player.

  • Author

I'll be ready come 8:30 tomorrow morning for the 1st tipp-off of a loooooooooonnnnnnnnng day.

I'll be there for tomorrow's morning session. Want to see the 'Horn in action vs UHA. Go 14th region!

 

But 8:30 am games!! Whew! I have to rise at 5 am and leave at 6.

 

Also interested in Lexington Christian's game. My nephew is an assistant coach for the team.

Shawnee could surprise some people. They drew a very tough first game. They are long very athletic and senior loaded team. They do not shot great from the outside but if their pressure starts to cause some problems they can go on a run.

Lawnboy, your updates are great and much appreciated. Thanks.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.