January 14, 201511 yr Jack Del Rio is expected to become the next head coach of the Oakland Raiders. Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Raiders are expected to finalize the deal as early as today. Report: Raiders expected to hire Jack Del Rio today | ProFootballTalk
January 14, 201511 yr This lifelong Raider fan welcomes Mr. Del Rio with welcome arms! Hopefully, he will be to stop the bleeding that has been going on for a decade plus. I have said in the past, that it can't get worse, then it does. I am being a glass half full guy for now.
January 15, 201511 yr Trestman may be the OC. Not sure I'd be pumped as a Raider fan with Del Rio but offense could be interesting.
January 15, 201511 yr Del Rio is one of the few retreads that I thought it made sense to get a second chance. I liked his style of coaching in Jacksonville. I don't know how he does with the Raiders, but why not give him a chance?
January 15, 201511 yr Again, Jags fan here. JDR was a very very unappreciative coach there. I would expect good things from him in Oakland. He kinda got hit really hard with the Jags because of Gabbert. I can't see him ever being a top tier coach but middle of the pack would be better than Oakland has had in a long time.
January 15, 201511 yr Not sure I'd be pumped as a Raider fan with Del Rio but offense could be interesting. I would be. Look at his record in JAX and then look at it since he left. That dude could coach, and did a nice job in a tough spot in NE Florida. I think he'll do well with Oakland...especially if Carr is serviceable moving forward.
January 15, 201511 yr This hiring shows that if Marvin or the Bengals ever part ways that Marvin will get another chance again too.
January 15, 201511 yr This hiring shows that if Marvin or the Bengals ever part ways that Marvin will get another chance again too. Did anyone doubt that?
January 15, 201511 yr It seems like the past 10 years or so, the Raiders have been the "black hole" for coaches. If Del Rio doesn't have decision power on choosing players, he will probably join the long list of coaches who have their two year stint in Oakland and get kicked to the curb. This franchise needs a total rebuild, and not going to get done quickly. Hopefully they will let him bring his plan in and give him the resources and time to get the Raiders turned around into the Raiders of old. He had success at Jacksonville, which is not easy, so lets see what he can do here.
January 15, 201511 yr Did anyone doubt that? Well some say he is the worst coach in the NFL, so I would say they would doubt that.
January 15, 201511 yr WOO HOO!!!!! :banana: I am 100% ok with this hire. I think JDR will be just fine. Yes its been tough for about 12 years BUT there is a chance for a change. I'm ecstatic. Hopefully this plays out well for JDR and DA RAIDERS (in my best Chris Berman voice).
January 16, 201511 yr Well some say he is the worst coach in the NFL, so I would say they would doubt that. Why would you listen to or engage with anyone who would say "he is the worst coach in the NFL"? Life is too short to beat your head against the wall. He isn't Bill Belichick, but he is far from the worst.
January 16, 201511 yr Why would you listen to or engage with anyone who would say "he is the worst coach in the NFL"? Life is too short to beat your head against the wall. He isn't Bill Belichick, but he is far from the worst. Agreed.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.