BluegrassPreps.com Boys Rankings (1-12-15)

Team I have the most disagreement with, at least in terms of how high they are, would be PRP & Covington Cahtolic. Most people that I talked to who came back from the Traditional Bank Classic weren't impressed with the Colonels. Maybe someone knows something I don't, but PRP at #6 is a head-scratcher. Beating a 7-7 Seneca team by 4 and a 4 point win over an inconsistent Bryan Station in Louisville isn't really what I'm thinking for a team in that slot whose signature win over Doss came so early.

Don't understand the love for Eastern.

I'd have Southwestern above Lincoln County, the latter of which I have my doubts about as well.

I think Clay County has a strong case for being in somewhere, but also understand that there's no signature win as well. Very close loss to Knott County Central in 14th Region territory. Back-to-back losses to West Jessamine (in Berea) and Boyle County (at Boyle) were without Farmer. I know there might not be a huge resume building win, but anyone who can go to the 14th and play with Knott or the 12th and play with Boyle (without one of their top players) is up there in my book.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that but we have had conversations about this same issue so I felt a need to respond. I don't mean any ill will and I wish GRC well. I love goldie a ton so I always root for GRC. It just seems like now you are saying what myself and others have been saying.....that GRC is not a top 20 team yet.

Good luck the rest of the season. :thumb:

Your misinterpretation of my statements is what has gotten you into trouble in addition to not allowing my posts to remain up.

Many people have not received the whole truth about the conversations because they have occurred over many threads.

GRC is not yet a top 20 team; however, there are some teams that have been in the top 20 in certain ratings/rankings that do not have as impressive a resume' as GRC.

That being said, I hope that GRC goes 34-3 and wins the whole thing.

Saying a team lost to "3 mediocre teams" is now an insult on BGP?

Good lord.

That was a statement directed toward one person, spindoc, and he knows why I told him to stay clear of the insults. You are combining 2 different incidents.

It is the reason I posted the previous statement to PurplePride92.

I want to clarify too...I have nothing but love for GRC. I like their coach a lot and have ties with several of their former players. Nothing but love but we seem to be discussing this every week but now even the person who was arguing the most is saying they aren't top 20.

Your misinterpretation of my statements is what has gotten you into trouble in addition to not allowing my posts to remain up.

Many people have not received the whole truth about the conversations because they have occurred over many threads.

GRC is not yet a top 20 team; however, there are some teams that have been in the top 20 in certain ratings/rankings that do not have as impressive a resume' as GRC.

Have I read this post somewhere else?

I haven't gotten in any trouble though. Especially since after a week of conversations you now agree with me. :thumb:

Team I have the most disagreement with, at least in terms of how high they are, would be PRP & Covington Cahtolic. Most people that I talked to who came back from the Traditional Bank Classic weren't impressed with the Colonels. Maybe someone knows something I don't, but PRP at #6 is a head-scratcher. Beating a 7-7 Seneca team by 4 and a 4 point win over an inconsistent Bryan Station in Louisville isn't really what I'm thinking for a team in that slot whose signature win over Doss came so early.

I'd have Southwestern above Lincoln County, the latter of which I have my doubts about as well.

I think Clay County has a strong case for being in somewhere, but also understand that there's no signature win as well. Very close loss to Knott County Central in 14th Region territory. Back-to-back losses to West Jessamine (in Berea) and Boyle County (at Boyle) were without Farmer. I know there might not be a huge resume building win, but anyone who can go to the 14th and play with Knott or the 12th and play with Boyle (without one of their top players) is up there in my book.

My thoughts exactly. PRP doesn't have a signature win over Doss though Joker. They loss by 1, but it seems to count as a win for it to be that close to me IMO. I agree with everything you said.

My thoughts exactly. PRP doesn't have a signature win over Doss though Joker. They loss by 1, but it seems to count as a win for it to be that close to me IMO. I agree with everything you said.

PRP is ranked where they are because they started the season at #15 and managed to win games when others were losing. Pretty simple process. When teams ahead of you in the rankings lose then they fall behind you while you move up. No reason to punish them for something that hasn't happened. Their worst loss is a 1 point loss to Doss that happened in the first game of the season. I'm confused as to how PRP should be lower based on their results thus far in the season. We'll see what they are made of in the LIT and go from there.