BluegrassPreps.com Boys Rankings (1-12-15)

1. Ballard

2. Trinity

3. Knott County Central

4. Henderson County

5. Doss

6. Newport Central Catholic

7. Taylor County

8. Pleasure Ridge Park

9. Manual

10. Lexington Catholic

11. Boyle County

12. Covington Catholic

13. Lincoln County

14. Owensboro

15. Southwestern

16. Holmes

17. Hopkinsville

18. Eastern

19. Bryan Station

20. Mason County

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think PRP should be rated this high. I wouldn't rate them over Manual, Covington Catholic, Hopkinsville, Eastern, and a couple of others in this list.

That is my view of Lincoln County

I would really like to see Webster County in the top 20, after dominating Christian Co. last week.

Not sure how Hopkinsville dropped so far after a double OT lost to a ranked Southwestern (last weeks rankings) after playing 7 games in 10 days, but I don't really have an issue with it. I do wonder if they beat Henderson Tuesday if they will jump back up into the top 10. Hoptown plays Henderson, Taylor Co. Trinity, and Knott Central in the next month or so. They will have ample opportunity to show where they truly belong.

I don't think PRP should be rated this high. I wouldn't rate them over Manual, Covington Catholic, Hopkinsville, Eastern, and a couple of others in this list.

Based on what? They have one loss in state the first game of the season to Doss by 1 on the road.

Manual just donated one to Central after beating them earlier.

CovCath is about right and has lost to all the teams they should have lost to, IMO.

Eastern has played a poop schedule and that includes losses to mediocre Collins and Fern Creek, I'll pass.

Hoptown is about to go through a significant test the next 3 out of 4 with Knott Co Central, Henderson Co, and Christian Co on the slate. So, I'll hold judgement on that declaration.

Not sure how Hopkinsville dropped so far after a double OT lost to a ranked Southwestern (last weeks rankings) after playing 7 games in 10 days, but I don't really have an issue with it. I do wonder if they beat Henderson Tuesday if they will jump back up into the top 10. Hoptown plays Henderson, Taylor Co. Trinity, and Knott Central in the next month or so. They will have ample opportunity to show where they truly belong.
Again, Hoptown can make a better case for itself in the next 2 weeks. Kudos to them for scheduling tough.

That is my view of Lincoln County

I would really like to see Webster County in the top 20, after dominating Christian Co. last week.

Lincoln will hash itself out at the end of the week vs. Boyle.

Webster Co. has a junk schedule too, no offense to them. At the end of the month they get Henderson, that should give a better clue.

Based on what? They have one loss in state the first game of the season to Doss by 1 on the road.

Manual just donated one to Central after beating them earlier.

CovCath is about right and has lost to all the teams they should have lost to, IMO.

Eastern has played a poop schedule and that includes losses to mediocre Collins and Fern Creek, I'll pass.

Hoptown is about to go through a significant test the next 3 out of 4 with Knott Co Central, Henderson Co, and Christian Co on the slate. So, I'll hold judgement on that declaration.

This is all true, but PRP doesn't have any good in state wins either, unless you want to count Bryan Station (who appears very talented, but is racking up way more losses than one would've expected). I say this because I've seen most of the teams in this top 20 list, and they all appear to be better teams. PRP doesn't pass the "eye test." I'm anxious to see how they fair in the LIT tomorrow, and the rest of the week. This will give me a better assessment, but I've watched them against Seneca and Butler, and though they won, they were wins against mediocre teams. PRP just didn't look impressive at all.

This is all true, but PRP doesn't have any good in state wins either, unless you want to count Bryan Station (who appears very talented, but is racking up way more losses than one would've expected). I say this because I've seen most of the teams in this top 20 list, and they all appear to be better teams. PRP doesn't pass the "eye test." I'm anxious to see how they fair in the LIT tomorrow, and the rest of the week. This will give me a better assessment, but I've watched them against Seneca and Butler, and though they won, they were wins against mediocre teams. PRP just didn't look impressive at all.

Yep, and if you're right, it will fleece itself out.