Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#NAACPBombing

Featured Replies

  • Author
I heard it on the news. Frankly, they didn't act like it was that big of a deal and didn't have much to go on with it.

 

So is the media now racist?

 

 

What do you mean "now racist?" :lol2:

  • Replies 63
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure, we know that now. I'd think that finding a bomb that had been planted that didn't do its intended damage is still pretty newsworthy. Would that not fall under the domestic terrorism umbrella even though there was minimal damage and no reported injuries?

Sure it does. Sadly, an international terrorist attack that did come to fruition stole the headlines.

  • Author
I think so but it appears if no one gets hurt or killed it's not a big story.

 

 

Violence without catastrophic results don't sell, I guess.

  • Author
Sure it does. Sadly, an international terrorist attack that did come to fruition stole the headlines.

 

I'm more concerned about what happens in Colorado than France.

 

Sure, we know that now. I'd think that finding a bomb that had been planted that didn't do its intended damage is still pretty newsworthy. Would that not fall under the domestic terrorism umbrella even though there was minimal damage and no reported injuries?

 

Playing devils advocate here...but how do you know what the intended damage was?

I'm more concerned about what happens in Colorado than France.

 

It is closer to home, that is for sure. But the France thing is a pretty big deal given who we have been dealing with.

 

I'm more concerned about what happens in Colorado than France.

 

12 people were murdered by terrorists because of a picture. Im not surprised that got the headlines.

Maybe someone was just upset with Mr. G...didn't get that fade quite right.:idunno::lol2:

Sure, we know that now. I'd think that finding a bomb that had been planted that didn't do its intended damage is still pretty newsworthy. Would that not fall under the domestic terrorism umbrella even though there was minimal damage and no reported injuries?

 

How can it be terrorism when we have a Islamic Army Dr, start shooting soldiers at Ft Hood isnt?

My best guess is that bombs aren't planted without intending to cause damage and injury.

 

I could be wrong, though.

If the goal is equitable coverage, you have to ask how much media coverage would go in to a botched attempt on another race specific organization in America. I am not thinking much but I could be wrong. That is not necessarily a good thing, but unless havoc takes place you are not going to see it. Just like we do not see every story of kids that may bring a gun or weapon to school and the person is caught beforehand.

  • Author
Playing devils advocate here...but how do you know what the intended damage was?

 

The FBI and Colorado Springs Police are investigating the incident and are looking for a person of interest who is described as a balding Caucasian man about 40 years old who may be driving a pickup truck, the statement said.

 

I'm not a detective but I'm guessing that a balding 40ish white male in a pickup truck may not be too upset at the hair salon. Just a guess on my part. :lol2:

  • Author
If the goal is equitable coverage, you have to ask how much media coverage would go in to a botched attempt on another race specific organization in America. I am not thinking much but I could be wrong. That is not necessarily a good thing, but unless havoc takes place you are not going to see it. Just like we do not see every story of kids that may bring a gun or weapon to school and the person is caught beforehand.

 

 

This didn't even get equitable coverage. It took more than 24 hours for it to even be spoken on in the national media. We're not talking about kids bringing a gun or weapon to school we're talking about someone planting a bomb in the United States of America. Forget the building and that it is the NAACP and that no one was hurt. A bomb was planted and detonated at a building in America and it wasn't national news until 24 hours later. Are bombings that common in America that it isn't national news anymore just because no one was injured or killed?

This didn't even get equitable coverage. It took more than 24 hours for it to even be spoken on in the national media. We're not talking about kids bringing a gun or weapon to school we're talking about someone planting a bomb in the United States of America. Forget the building and that it is the NAACP and that no one was hurt. A bomb was planted and detonated at a building in America and it wasn't national news until 24 hours later. Are bombings that common in America that it isn't national news anymore just because no one was injured or killed?

 

A dime a dozen.

My best guess is that bombs aren't planted without intending to cause damage and injury.

 

I could be wrong, though.

 

Im not saying it shouldnt be labled as a terror attack, but so should the Ft Hood massacre.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.