January 8, 201511 yr Apparently an NAACP building in Colorado was bombed the other day. Apparently not one media outlet bothered to report it in their news. I don't know if anyone was killed and apparently no one has been arrested for it. Tons of outrage on Twitter which has spawned the hashtag #NAACPbombing which has gone viral and now some reporting is being done on it. Has anyone heard anything about it? This is the first I have heard of it.
January 8, 201511 yr Haven't heard a thing, which is ridiculous. Particularly considering what the media often choose to report about.
January 8, 201511 yr Investigation into Colorado explosion outside NAACP is 'high priority,' officials say - LA Times Bomb explodes outside NAACP building in Colorado Springs | Reuters Bomb explodes outside NAACP office in Colorado | New York Post FBI says NAACP explosion in Colorado Springs could be domestic terrorism #plantmankyneedstoreadtherules
January 8, 201511 yr I read about it last night. The lack of coverage was probably due to the fact that the bomb went off outside and only burned one side of the building a little. No one was hurt. It rattled the building but no one saw anyone toss or plant the device.
January 8, 201511 yr Investigation into Colorado explosion outside NAACP is 'high priority' date='' officials say - LA Times[/url'] Bomb explodes outside NAACP building in Colorado Springs | Reuters Bomb explodes outside NAACP office in Colorado | New York Post FBI says NAACP explosion in Colorado Springs could be domestic terrorism #plantmankyneedstoreadtherules So what you are saying is he is right...One media outlet didn't report it...several did? :lol2:
January 8, 201511 yr Author Investigation into Colorado explosion outside NAACP is 'high priority,' officials say - LA Times Bomb explodes outside NAACP building in Colorado Springs | Reuters Bomb explodes outside NAACP office in Colorado | New York Post FBI says NAACP explosion in Colorado Springs could be domestic terrorism #plantmankyneedstoreadtherules My bad. I should have said no one in the media reported it until at least 12 hours after it happened. Obviously if I posted something about it I know what happened? My bad though. I'll do better next time. All of those links you posted took over 24 hours to report it. Even the Denver one(70 miles away) took over 12 hours to report it.
January 8, 201511 yr My bad. I should have said no one in the media reported it until at least 12 hours after it happened. Obviously if I posted something about it I know what happened? My bad though. I'll do better next time. No there's been a ton of outpouring of people furious it wasn't covered and truth be told, last night it really wasn't being covered at all.
January 8, 201511 yr We need to get race relations under control in this country and it needs to be straight down the middle on both sides or we will continue to have more and more problems.
January 8, 201511 yr Based on what I've read it happened at the back of a building the NAACP shares with another business. There was almost no damage and no injuries. I'd say that explains why there was little coverage.
January 8, 201511 yr Author We need to get race relations under control in this country and it needs to be straight down the middle on both sides or we will continue to have more and more problems. I am pessimistic things as a whole will get better.
January 8, 201511 yr I heard it on the news. Frankly, they didn't act like it was that big of a deal and didn't have much to go on with it. So is the media now racist?
January 8, 201511 yr Based on what I've read it happened at the back of a building the NAACP shares with another business. There was almost no damage and no injuries. I'd say that explains why there was little coverage. Haven't read any of the articles but if anyone is attempting to attack the NAACP in any way then it is a huge story.
January 8, 201511 yr Haven't read any of the articles but if anyone is attempting to attack the NAACP in any way then it is a huge story. I think so but it appears if no one gets hurt or killed it's not a big story.
January 8, 201511 yr Author Based on what I've read it happened at the back of a building the NAACP shares with another business. There was almost no damage and no injuries. I'd say that explains why there was little coverage. Sure, we know that now. I'd think that finding a bomb that had been planted that didn't do its intended damage is still pretty newsworthy. Would that not fall under the domestic terrorism umbrella even though there was minimal damage and no reported injuries?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.