With both the NKY Coaches' and NKY Enquirer ALL-STARS out now

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Abner of Highlands can't be left off any list. Arguably the best Safety in NKY if not the Tri State. Yes he is my Nephew and I'm a little(Lot) biased but asked the Blueboys who their Vote would be? The Cowboy roamed the Highlands D-Backfield for 3 years with some jaw dropping hits for his size. Didn't someone say that it is almost impossible to do at Highlands. Play significant time as a Soph! When the Cowboy was a Soph he filled in for an Injured Sr and when the Sr got healthy they couldn't get the Cowboy off the field. The Cowboy's nose for the ball and field swagger will be dearly missed. I could see Crosley New(Frosh) being another Safety like my nephew. Won't back down from no one and just has a Nose for the Football. Keep an eye out for Crosley the next couple of years. Crosley is someone that you either Love him or "Hate" him. Fortunately for us, he will be on our team.

That's your opinion, but both polls had him second team, Coaches' and Enquirer. I think he's a very nice player, but I do think there are a couple of players in front of him, that's all.

That's your opinion, but both polls had him second team, Coaches' and Enquirer. I think he's a very nice player, but I do think there are a couple of players in front of him, that's all.

Most likely because he got injured near the end of the regular season. Was a huge blow to the Birds, but they overcame it. In fact, they overcame several huge, impactful injuries.

Most likely because he got injured near the end of the regular season. Was a huge blow to the Birds, but they overcame it. In fact, they overcame several huge, impactful injuries.

I didn't have a vote in either poll, just saying he was second team in both polls, regardless of the reason, FYI, England of Ryle missed several games as well this season, but still made first team, again just saying. He's a very nice player and each person has there own opinion. To each his own.

I felt sorry for a few WR's this year with Abner laying the wood back there.

He's a good football player, remember this is just one person's opinion, I do think he's a top player in NKY, remember this thread was who I thought was best at each position, that's all. I'm sure Mr. Abner likes his state ring over my opinion, and that's all that matters.

Only 3 kids from Highlands and they were the lone state champ. A few too many Kenton County kids if you ask me. Bo Hebel is for sure one of the top OL in NKY and Tyler Robinson fits into the top DL in NKY. I would also make an argument for Andrew Abner and Brady Murray as DB and LB respectively.

Remember this list was for EACH position, and Mr. Hebel is a tackle correct? I think he's the 4th best in NKY, behind Murrer, Cov Cath Johnson, Dixie and Olmstead, SK again he's a good player, but this list was the best at each position. If you think he is better then any of these 3 players fine, that's your opinion.

He's a good football player, remember this is just one person's opinion, I do think he's a top player in NKY, remember this thread was who I thought was best at each position, that's all. I'm sure Mr. Abner likes his state ring over my opinion, and that's all that matters.

Oh, no problem. I was just reflecting on another posters comments about how Abner played. I have no problem when people have differing opinions on players. Unfortunately I haven't seen a wide range of games this year so my picks would be limited to just a handful of teams.

Remember this list was for EACH position, and Mr. Hebel is a tackle correct? I think he's the 4th best in NKY, behind Murrer, Cov Cath Johnson, Dixie and Olmstead, SK again he's a good player, but this list was the best at each position. If you think he is better then any of these 3 players fine, that's your opinion.

Bo Hebel was a guard and as I said would be first team no matter who is putting something together.

Sure he is. What is that based on' date=' your totally unbiased opinion? SK players are the best at every position in NKY according to you and some other guy, yet they just cannot seem to ever get to that big game, much less win it.[/quote']

JOAT, I did not even know SK had a football team? It looks like the FFA is out in full force.

SK players are the best at every position in NKY according to you and some other guy, yet they just cannot seem to ever get to that big game, much less win it.

I think it's the same guy/kid with different user names.