With both the NKY Coaches' and NKY Enquirer ALL-STARS out now

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like NKY will be loaded with some really good RB's next year.

They do have some good ones and I don't even know who will be playing for Highlands and Beechwood who usually have some pretty good RB's also.

This years rushing numbers for the 3 being discussed

Armstrong 1753 yds

Powell 1519 yds

England 1082 yds

:thumb:

They do have some good ones and I don't even know who will be playing for Highlands and Beechwood who usually have some pretty good RB's also.

This years rushing numbers for the 3 being discussed

Armstrong 1753 yds

Powell 1519 yds

England 1082 yds

Here are my top 4 RB in NKY in order

1) England Ryle

2) Powell SK

3) Armstrong Cooper

4) Smith NCC

I saw all these players play this season, and some against each other. England ran and caught the ball well, and had a good game against Dixie, and SK, 2 6A top dogs this season. Powell, had nice games against Dixie, Ryle, and Cooper this season. I like Armstrong, but when he played against SK, and Dixie the two games I saw, he got next to nothing. I get SK, and Dixie have better O lines then Cooper, but to get a total of 9 yards against these 2 teams, is bad. Don't give me the " Well he didn't play that many snap against either team. My response would be had SK, or Ryle played some of the Cup Cakes Cooper did, either one of those backs would have had even more yards then Armstrong in those games. Don't get me wrong Armstrong is a nice runner, but I think England and Powell are better, JMO. The yards you talk about are impressive, but still think had England been healthy all season, he would have had more, not to mention Powell yards in rec. too. I get your a Cooper guy, but most on these boards, I think will agree with me. No hard feelings. All of these guys are good football players no doubt. :thumb:

So what do you want to discuss, who's having the better conditioning sessions, in Jan? :ohbrother:

YES!!!! ...because Highlands wins that discussion too!!!

I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!! CHILL OUT!!!

(I did get a kick out of James' response though!)

So what do you want to discuss, who's having the better conditioning sessions, in Jan? :ohbrother:

Considering the games themselves are largely won in the conditioning room, why not? Heard Sandlin broke the SK record for power clean at 310. What is the power clean record at your school?????

:thumb:

Here are my top 4 RB in NKY in order

1) England Ryle

2) Powell SK

3) Armstrong Cooper

4) Smith NCC

I saw all these players play this season, and some against each other. England ran and caught the ball well, and had a good game against Dixie, and SK, 2 6A top dogs this season. Powell, had nice games against Dixie, Ryle, and Cooper this season. I like Armstrong, but when he played against SK, and Dixie the two games I saw, he got next to nothing. I get SK, and Dixie have better O lines then Cooper, but to get a total of 9 yards against these 2 teams, is bad. Don't give me the " Well he didn't play that many snap against either team. My response would be had SK, or Ryle played some of the Cup Cakes Cooper did, either one of those backs would have had even more yards then Armstrong in those games. Don't get me wrong Armstrong is a nice runner, but I think England and Powell are better, JMO. The yards you talk about are impressive, but still think had England been healthy all season, he would have had more, not to mention Powell yards in rec. too. I get your a Cooper guy, but most on these boards, I think will agree with me. No hard feelings. All of these guys are good football players no doubt. :thumb:

If you are going to base how good a back is by only looking at a game he only got 4 carries in, well then I can't help you.

Oh and to say Cooper played cupcakes...really? They were a 5A team that played every 6A team in NKY for their out of district games. Look at SK's out of district games before commenting on Cooper's schedule.

Cooper's out of District Schedule opponents records 42-33

(yet Cooper still made it to the State Semi final game)

Simon Kentons out of district opponents records 25-34-1

So do me a favor and do some research before telling us who had the cup cake schedule.

I do agree that all 3 you can't go wrong with, I just have a problem with your reasoning because it is very flawed especially if you think Cooper had an easier schedule than SK.

Edited by Hellbird

If you are going to base how good a back is by only looking at a game he only got 4 carries in, well then I can't help you.

Oh and to say Cooper played cupcakes...really? They were a 5A team that played every 6A team in NKY for their out of district games. Look at SK's out of district games before commenting on Cooper's schedule.

So do me a favor and do some research before telling us who had the cup cake schedule.

I do agree that all 3 you can't go wrong with, I just have a problem with your reasoning because it is very flawed especially if you think Cooper had an easier schedule than SK.

Let me know when Cooper can beat SK or rush 100 yards on them! :D

LOL, You do realize that almost a 3rd of Armstrong's rushing yards came against 2 teams, Grant County, and Anderson County, almost 600yds rushing, Both teams combined gave up over 4,100 yds. rushing, so YES, had England or Powell played against these two teams, I think both would have had more yards. I'll make it easy on you, if you had to take two of these 3 RB's who are you taking. I guarantee you more people will take England and Powell as there combo, over any combo with Armstrong, who is a very nice running back, but the question was who are the 2 best RB's in NKY this season, again I'll go with England and

Powell every time. I understand you're a Cooper supporter, which is fine, but you've got your rose colored glasses on for this discussion, which is fine. :thumb: