With both the NKY Coaches' and NKY Enquirer ALL-STARS out now

:thumb:

Here are my top 4 RB in NKY in order

1) England Ryle

2) Powell SK

3) Armstrong Cooper

4) Smith NCC

I saw all these players play this season, and some against each other. England ran and caught the ball well, and had a good game against Dixie, and SK, 2 6A top dogs this season. Powell, had nice games against Dixie, Ryle, and Cooper this season. I like Armstrong, but when he played against SK, and Dixie the two games I saw, he got next to nothing. I get SK, and Dixie have better O lines then Cooper, but to get a total of 9 yards against these 2 teams, is bad. Don't give me the " Well he didn't play that many snap against either team. My response would be had SK, or Ryle played some of the Cup Cakes Cooper did, either one of those backs would have had even more yards then Armstrong in those games. Don't get me wrong Armstrong is a nice runner, but I think England and Powell are better, JMO. The yards you talk about are impressive, but still think had England been healthy all season, he would have had more, not to mention Powell yards in rec. too. I get your a Cooper guy, but most on these boards, I think will agree with me. No hard feelings. All of these guys are good football players no doubt. :thumb:

Some may ? your definition of a nice game. Against Dixie in game 1 he had 25 rushes for 95 yards and 0 TDs...game 2 in the playoffs in the regional championship he had 7 rushes for 24 yards and again 0 TDS.

I think England is primed for a very good season. And if Powell can stay healthy he won't be too far behind in either yards or TDs. Both will be a lot of fun to watch this season!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some may ? your definition of a nice game. Against Dixie in game 1 he had 25 rushes for 95 yards and 0 TDs...game 2 in the playoffs in the regional championship he had 7 rushes for 24 yards and again 0 TDS.

I think England is primed for a very good season. And if Powell can stay healthy he won't be too far behind in either yards or TDs. Both will be a lot of fun to watch this season!

How many running backs had 95 yds against Dixie Def. this season, guessing not many. My point was I think Powell is a better back then Armstrong of Cooper. JMO.

How many running backs had 95 yds against Dixie Def. this season, guessing not many. My point was I think Powell is a better back then Armstrong of Cooper. JMO.

This is a serious question, so please take it that way. What were the criteria that you used in putting your list together? Did you see all of these kids play during the course of the season or were you basing your selections off of the teams that were made public? If you have seen them in game action, I would be curious to know what games you saw live and in person.

This is a serious question, so please take it that way. What were the criteria that you used in putting your list together? Did you see all of these kids play during the course of the season or were you basing your selections off of the teams that were made public? If you have seen them in game action, I would be curious to know what games you saw live and in person.

I've seen a lot of these players play over the past 3 seasons. I go to a lot high school games, mostly Dixie games, and I know Dixie has had most of these seniors start since there soph. season. I'll use stats and what others friends of mine have seen at other schools, or watch hudl, along with seeing these players go against each other in person. This is just one man's opinion. My whole point was to pick the BEST players at each position. Having said this, some of these players who aren't the #1 at there positions, doesn't mean they aren't good football players. Not everyone can be the best at there positions. NKY has great and talented football players at many schools, which is the most important thing. Can't we all just get along.:thumb:

Ironic you say this RC because the other day I asked the young man what he thought about not being considered an All Stater let alone local awards and if he thought his season ending injury had any impact and his response was...

"I didn't deserve to be on those teams, I didn't finish the season"

Darn kids :thumb:

Love the response from him! But I never said whether he should or shouldn't be on any list. I was just explaining to another poster (that stated he as on second teams in other posts) that maybe the reason he was picked to second team was because of his injury.

I've seen a lot of these players play over the past 3 seasons. I go to a lot high school games, mostly Dixie games, and I know Dixie has had most of these seniors start since there soph. season. I'll use stats and what others friends of mine have seen at other schools, or watch hudl, along with seeing these players go against each other in person. This is just one man's opinion. My whole point was to pick the BEST players at each position. Having said this, some of these players who aren't the #1 at there positions, doesn't mean they aren't good football players. Not everyone can be the best at there positions. NKY has great and talented football players at many schools, which is the most important thing. Can't we all just get along.:thumb:

JWCat, who do you think will be some players to watch next season based on the players that you saw this year?

JWCat, who do you think will be some players to watch next season based on the players that you saw this year?

I think Ryle might be the best team this coming season in NKY. I know that's not the most popular pick over Highlands and or Simon Kenton. JMO. Ryle played a lot of underclassmen last season, and have been hearing that a young man from Hazard is coming in to play QB at Ryle, hearing he's the real deal too. :idunno:

Top 3 players I'll be watching: Colin England Ryle, Dillion Powell SK, Brett Slusher, Beechwood. :thumb: