Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fun Topic: Which Coach is Voting for Duke?

Featured Replies

I'm putting something similar to this on my site this afternoon and I thought it would make for a funny conversation topic on here.

 

One coach keeps voting for Duke as No. 1 in the USA Today Coaches Poll.

 

FOR FUN, who do you think it is and why?

 

- Tommy Amaker, Harvard

 

- Randy Bennett, Saint Mary's

 

- Jim Boeheim, Syracuse

 

- Todd Bozeman, Morgan State

 

- Glenn Braica, St. Francis Brooklyn

 

- Rick Byrd, Belmont

 

- Scott Cherry, High Point

 

- Tim Cluess, Iona

 

- Ed Conroy, Tulane

 

- Keith Dambrot, Akron

 

- Scott Drew, Baylor

 

- Matt Driscoll, North Florida

 

- Steve Fisher, San Diego State

 

- Bruiser Flint, Drexel

 

- Mark Fox, Georgia

 

- John Gallagher, Hartford

 

- Ray Harper, Western Kentucky

 

- Dick Hunsaker, Utah Valley

 

- George Ivory, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

 

- Ben Jacobson, Northern Iowa

 

- Rob Jeter, Wisconsin-Milwaukee

 

- Danny Kaspar, Texas State

 

- Mike McConathy, Northwestern State

 

- Greg McDermott, Creighton

 

- Matt Painter, Purdue

 

- Dave Paulsen, Bucknell

 

- Randy Rahe, Weber State

 

- Joe Scott, Denver

 

- Herb Sendek, Arizona State

 

- Shaka Smart, Virginia Commonwealth

 

- Bob Williams, UC-Santa Barbara

 

- Mike Young, Wofford

 

 

My top 5 most likely (in no order):

 

 

1. Jim Boeheim

 

2. Mark Fox

 

3. Scott Drew

 

4. Herb Sendek

 

5. Tommy Amaker

 

 

My top 5 least likely (in no order):

 

 

1. Bruiser Flint

 

2. Shaka Smart

 

3. Rick Byrd

 

4. Ray Harper

 

5. Matt Painter

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Boeheim without question.

 

If I had to pick just one, I think I'd go with Boeheim as well.

Why would it not be Coach K?

 

Because he doesn't have a vote....:lol2:

  • Author
Why would it not be Coach K?

 

It's only the 32 coaches listed above who have votes

It's only the 32 coaches listed above who have votes

 

Gotcha. Thanks

I would say Boeheim as well.

This

I would say Boeheim as well.

 

or this for sure

....

 

Tommy Amaker

I would guess Boeheim. I'm not entirely sure that its not PP though.

I would guess Boeheim. I'm not entirely sure that its not PP though.

 

Mine didn't go through. I keep voting for Duke twice but only one stinking vote keeps showing up. They need to fix that.

Boeheim gets my vote.

 

Amaker is a Dukie and for some reason Dukies go out of their way to not pick Duke in anything. See: Jay Bilas, Jay Williams

 

Former Dukies NEVER pick Duke. :no:

Whoops, I made another thread about this...

 

I will post the same thing here...

 

Mike Young of Wofford.

 

From Mark Wiedmer's article "If Duke isn't scary-good now, it will be by March" in The Chattanooga Times Free Press on 1/6/15:

 

"Well, I know one No.1 vote Duke got, and that was mine," said Wofford coach Mike Young, the lone member of USA Today's 32-member coaches' poll to side with the Blue Devils. "I know Kentucky is such a remarkable team- so long and so deep. But Duke is just as terrific. I know I'd love to see them play each other in the (NCAA) tournament."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.