College football playoffs

Hellbird

I love the playoffs and only wish they would make it 8 teams.

Yesterday was a blast. My sons college roommate and teammates best friend plays for FSU, their TE Oleary so it was a blast watching him play (he should of got the call when he was open in the end zone and Oregon had PI against him that wasn't called )

And one if my sons best friends growing up is a freshman QB for Ohio State Stephen Collier so it was fun footing them on so we could watch him make it to the championship game.

I agree on how great the playoff was and it's amazing it took this long for us to get it.

I'd like to expand it as well but eight doesn't go far enough for me. It only serves to reinforce a lot of the systemic problems and foolishness of things like the "Power Five" that I'd like to tear down brick by brick. The playoff has the ability to completely transform college football as we know it if allowed to go far enough.

I agree on how great the playoff was and it's amazing it took this long for us to get it.

I'd like to expand it as well but eight doesn't go far enough for me. It only serves to reinforce a lot of the systemic problems and foolishness of things like the "Power Five" that I'd like to tear down brick by brick. The playoff has the ability to completely transform college football as we know it if allowed to go far enough.

There was mention yesterday about teams already not practicing in pads late in the season more often due to the wear and tear on the players. If we went to more than 8 they have to cut back on the number of regular season games allowed.

4 was great. That's all it needs to be. Fsu just faltered because all the luck they had had for 2 years ended in a major way. Besides TCU is the only team that really made a case they could have beaten the others.

Big 12 needs to get their crap together or they will be left out a lot.

I think we'll see an 8 team playoff within the next 5 years. Yesterday's playoffs had such a good feel to it. I thoroughly enjoyed the games. It's something I've wanted for a long time. And it's going to transform college football IMO. But 8 teams will be better, with the top 4 seeds getting home field advantage. The media buzz leading up to the games would be out the roof.

The 9 o'clock kickoff needs to be 8 next year. But after last night, I can't believe there was a time with no playoffs. It was the greatest day in college football history

The next 2 year's the semis will be played on New Year's Eve. The Rose and Sugar will always be on New Year's Day.