AAU Summer Basketball

Van Hoose played in the Adidas Super 64 last season in Vegas with the DS Allstars and had a good outing.

Sports Mojo...not saying that your statement is correct in regards to Van Hoose and Barker not being very good, but every AAU team needs some role players. Most AAU teams at the elite level are extremely top heavy due to the fact playing time is limited. Those programs have to have solid bench minutes, but most cases the bench or role players are not outstanding in talent, just willing to accept their roles.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek Smith all stars will have two teams this summer, and east and a west, both teams will be very competitive, with the east team winning their first tournament in Cleveland Last Weekend. The West Team has not played yet.

The East roster is

Nathan Novosell Lex Cath

Jordan Smart Lex Cath

Jonathan Van Hoose Russell

Alex Barker Fairview

Rodney Haddix Scott County

Tyler Portwood Scott County

Chad Skaggs Lee County High, Va

Israel Chambers Shelby County

Zach Newton Lex Cath

This will be one of the best 3 point shooting teams you will find anywhere

The West team will have most of the players that won the 16u state title last year including

Stephon Pettigrew Etown

Twany Beckham Ballard

Johan Hamilton Ballard

Aaron Tandy Desales

Chris Berry Trinity

Doug Beaumont Male

Thomas Coleman Jtown

and several others I'm not sure of until they actually play, they will be a very

nice team also

Look for these two teams to determine the State aau winner again in May

The split verifies what I was stating in terms of "top-heavy" talent for each team. Both teams have some players that are par talent for this level of play and in order to keep the top talent happy and keep their minutes in games up, they have to have par talent willing to accept their roles. splitting in to two teams, this can happen. If you took the top 5 on each team and put them together on ONE team, then some of the better players would be regulated to role players, and some just would not settle for low playing minutes and being a role player.

I dont see any bench warmers on those rosters, I see it more as a need to cover a pretty large talent pool in this age group, you cant do it from one location in the state, the east/west format makes sense, and yes, if you tried to do it all on one team, there wouldnt be enough playing time to go around, but all of these kids will be playing important roles, so I guess that does qualify them as "role" players

I notice those Faulkners didnt make the team though:D

I dont see any bench warmers on those rosters, I see it more as a need to cover a pretty large talent pool in this age group, you cant do it from one location in the state, the east/west format makes sense, and yes, if you tried to do it all on one team, there wouldnt be enough playing time to go around, but all of these kids will be playing important roles, so I guess that does qualify them as "role" players

I notice those Faulkners didnt make the team though:D

I heard the Faulkners, Ferguson, Euton, Jackson & some others were playing with Eddie Ford this summer

Derek Smith all stars will have two teams this summer, and east and a west, both teams will be very competitive, with the east team winning their first tournament in Cleveland Last Weekend. The West Team has not played yet.

The East roster is

Nathan Novosell Lex Cath

Jordan Smart Lex Cath

Jonathan Van Hoose Russell

Alex Barker Fairview

Rodney Haddix Scott County

Tyler Portwood Scott County

Chad Skaggs Lee County High, Va

Israel Chambers Shelby County

Zach Newton Lex Cath

This will be one of the best 3 point shooting teams you will find anywhere

The West team will have most of the players that won the 16u state title last year including

Stephon Pettigrew Etown

Twany Beckham Ballard

Johan Hamilton Ballard

Aaron Tandy Desales

Chris Berry Trinity

Doug Beaumont Male

Thomas Coleman Jtown

and several others I'm not sure of until they actually play, they will be a very

nice team also

Look for these two teams to determine the State aau winner again in May

Is it just me, or is the west team appear much more talented than the east?

East Kentucky Lightning won the East Super Regionals this weekend in Florence, Ky. defeating 4 teams in 2 days. This qualified them to go on to Orlando ,Florida to play the last of June in the Nationals. They will be playing several more tournaments before the Nationals.

East Kentucky Lightning won the East Super Regionals this weekend in Florence, Ky. defeating 4 teams in 2 days. This qualified them to go on to Orlando ,Florida to play the last of June in the Nationals. They will be playing several more tournaments before the Nationals.

What age group?

East Kentucky Lightning won the YBOA Sup Reg Quailifier for the 15 under division. This was not an AAU event, the comp level was decent. We are still hoping for some of the top teams in the KY area to get started with their seasons. This was a decent start.

ShooterX3, your reply is just what was expected.

With the entire west team being from the Louisville area I would say they are more well known because of the amount of media coverage in the states largest city. More talented I'm not so sure.

IMO Novosell and Chambers are two of the most underrated players in the state, and Haddix may be the best overall player. Add in a shooter like VanHoose, you got a good club.

Who all is on the team RA09?

Ethan Faulkner-Elliott Co

Evan Faulkner-Elliott Co

Jon Ferguson-Elliott Co

Darrin Ballou-Adair Co

Ty Perkins-Pulaski Co

Jordan Gergory-Henderson Co

?? ??-North Hardin(this guy is a good 7'2)

There is one more guy but im not sure who he is.