AAU Summer Basketball

ShooterX3, I am assuming you will be in Florence to watch the DS Allstars 17's then...

Cincinnati Shining Star 15 and under

Cincinnati Shining Star 17 and under Black

Cincinnati Shining Star 17 and under White

Kentucky Shining Star 17 and under

Will all be there.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, good luck this weekend!

The team finished in the final 8, getting beat by Georiga Stars. They finished 3-2 in the tournament beating Deleware Sharpshootes by forfeit, Kentucky Hoopstars red, and Washington DC Blue Devils. They lost to New York Goucho's in pool play. This team played extremly well and was the only Kentucky team to make it to Sunday.

Some good competion in in Florence this weekend, Ohio and Kentucky Shining Stars were good teams as was Indy Elite, Derek Smith All Stars east beat the Kentucky Shining Stars in the Championship game 84-76

Nathan Novosell, Jonathan Van Hoose, and Rodney Haddix made all tournament , Jordan Smart, Tyler Portwood, Alex Barker, and Zack Newton all had big games over the weekend, A lot of these players will be playing in the Executive Inn All Star game saturday and then on to Houston for the Kingwood Classic

I agree ShooterX3. It was a good tourney and the players mentioned for all tourney team played well. How was the all tourney team selected? I was impressed with the overall play of Novosell. He continues to improve and I expect him to help Lex Cath build on last season's performance. I would expect just about every DS Allstar player to be playing in the Executive Inn Allstar game since KV helps organize that event.

I agree ShooterX3. It was a good tourney and the players mentioned for all tourney team played well. How was the all tourney team selected? I was impressed with the overall play of Novosell. He continues to improve and I expect him to help Lex Cath build on last season's performance. I would expect just about every DS Allstar player to be playing in the Executive Inn Allstar game since KV helps organize that event.

1. Novosell is 3 inches away from being a top 100 player

2. Most of the Derick Smith players and about 375 other "all stars" will be in the executive inn classic, it is a "pay to play" deal, but should make for a good day of basketball, most of the west team will square off against most of the east team with some additions at 12.30 in what should feature some good matchups, Van Hoose, Haddix,Newton, Barker vs Beckham,Hamilton, Coleman, and Pettigrew, outsive vs inside

ps I hope the Faulkners play:thumb:

3 The all tournament team was chosen by some very knowledgeable people courtside who saw all the games:jump:

Thanks for the info. 4 of our boys played high school varsity ball last season, so they were playing against some 19 yr. olds. If the Faulkners played, I know we are in their range.

I don't think a 15u team could have played against this level of competition this weekend(too many athletes on the court>)