Sydney Moss vs Jamie Walz

Guest Scotty2hotty

Guest Scotty2hotty

Help settle this debate on who is the better player. Im going with Moss, but want to see how she does in the WNBA first. Two wonderful players.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help settle this debate on who is the better player. Im going with Moss, but want to see how she does in the WNBA first. Two wonderful players.

High school player? And why Moss for you? Did you see Jaime play or know anything about her? I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious why you pick Moss.

Guest Scotty2hotty
High school player? And why Moss for you? Did you see Jaime play or know anything about her? I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious why you pick Moss.

I guess what I was trying to say is if Moss goes to WNBA and does well I would go with her, but my spouse feels otherwise. Have seen Moss and Walz play different style players. Walz total points was amazing but Moss is an unbelievable athlete and could of scored 30 plus every high school game her senior year if she wanted. She toys with players at Thomas More not even a contest.

I guess what I was trying to say is if Moss goes to WNBA and does well I would go with her, but my spouse feels otherwise. Have seen Moss and Walz play different style players. Walz total points was amazing but Moss is an unbelievable athlete and could of scored 30 plus every high school game her senior year if she wanted. She toys with players at Thomas More not even a contest.

I think Walz may have done ok had she played D3 in college...

Guest Scotty2hotty
I think Walz may have done ok had she played D3 in college...

Could she have been Freshman of the year in the SEC?

But think about the points Walz put up. Over 5000. Can't remember what the total was, but that's 30 points per game from the 7th grade on! (assuming they played 30 games a year).

Moss was unreal...and a great athlete. Walz was Gatorade National Player of the Year.

Walz stats.

Total career points - 4948 (1st all time, boys or girls)

Total Rebounds - 1762 (4th all time)

Steals - 1004 (2nd all time)

Assists - 1354 (1st all time)

Other notes:

Scored 1000pts in a season TWICE!

Avg 37 per night her junior year with most teams playing a triangle and two...and the two on her!

Scored 60 against Conner in a game and followed that up the next year against Conner with 53!

All those points and still leads in assists

Gatorade National Player of the Year.

Moss is OUTSTANDING, but still a notch behind Walz...as is everyone else! She's not a bad one to be behind or even be put in the same league.

My vote would be for the complete player and that would be JRich...:thumb:

First in points and assists...that is about as good as it gets and speaks volumes imo

Two different types of players, actually not even comparable...just sayin but good luck to Miss Moss

Does anyone have Jamie's career FT%? What about 3 point Shooting %? She could drain it from Deep downtown. Her Ball handling skills and Basketball I.Q. were off the charts. I would bet the house today that Jamie could still out shoot Moss even being removed from the game for so many years. I have heard that she still puts on a Shooting Clinic for her players during practice on any given day. I take Walz!

Guest Scotty2hotty
Walz stats.

Total career points - 4948 (1st all time, boys or girls)

Total Rebounds - 1762 (4th all time)

Steals - 1004 (2nd all time)

Assists - 1354 (1st all time)

Other notes:

Scored 1000pts in a season TWICE!

Avg 37 per night her junior year with most teams playing a triangle and two...and the two on her!

Scored 60 against Conner in a game and followed that up the next year against Conner with 53!

All those points and still leads in assists

Gatorade National Player of the Year.

Moss is OUTSTANDING, but still a notch behind Walz...as is everyone else! She's not a bad one to be behind or even be put in the same league.

Ill agree for now, but if Moss lights it up in the WNBA my opinion will change as should yours! LOL!