Best 10th Region Game....Ever...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a bunch. This one has to be in the running.

No doubt! I don't think there was an open seat in the Fieldhouse that night (that is VERY hard to accomplish), and every spectator probably had bullets of sweat running down their face. Such a great game, and more significantly, an amazing win for the underdog Royals! Instant classic.

Also on the list HAS to be the 1995 "Billy Ray Fawns game". 99-92, Montgomery County over Mason County, double overtime. BRF with 47; Royals' Shawn Myrick with 44. 6,000+ packed in like sardines.

Probably the best one I've ever seen.

Harrison County beating Maysville in the 1991 Regional Championship. Don't remember the score, but a sophomore Jerry Fogle hit a buzzer-beater to win it. It was Maysville's final game.

I was there for that one as well. Another classic.

I think it was 98 or 99 championship game Fleming Co. was in the Championship game I can't remember who they played but it was SRO and I think it was a pretty good game.

In '98 in Willie Schlarman's first year we (Brossart) played Fleming County in the Championship game. We fell behind early, then made a late run. Fleming County won the game. It was Nathan Seiter's final high school game.