Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 66 UConn 56

Featured Replies

I was wondering how this thread had almost 50 posts already, didn't take long to see that my fanbase was causing problems again.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes. 2 minutes more than Grayson.

 

You would have never lasted 4 minutes...

 

"Ah Thank you!"

Man people are sensitive. He shoots 50% from the line, that is a fact, period, end of story. I don't see anyone saying anything else negative about his game.

 

Please note that the first mention of UK in this thread was a Duke fan saying they would be UK in the tournament. Which somehow changes the FACT that Okafor currently is a 50% free throw shooter which is odd given his enormous talent and superior touch around the basket, which is something Shaq lacked.

 

How does pointing that out make someone a hater?

 

Pointing out someone's flaws when they are exceptional is hating. If folks say, man that PP92 is cool as hell and then you say, man his breath stinks then that is you hating. Doesn't matter if it is true, it's still hating. So yes, when someone says Okafor has a soft touch, which we all know means how he shoots it in the paint and then a UK fan says well he sucks at shooting FTs...some soft touch..then yes, that is going to be perceived as hating.

 

Trust me, I am an expert at hating. I know what it is when I see it.

You would have never lasted 4 minutes...

 

"Ah Thank you!"

 

I hustle though. Word.

I was wondering how this thread had almost 50 posts already, didn't take long to see that my fanbase was causing problems again.

 

Sure, someone says that it's unusal that a guy with great touch is a poor free throw shooter and it's game on. I think it's a valid observation. I'm just not sure how UK got drug into it.

I was wondering how this thread had almost 50 posts already, didn't take long to see that my fanbase was causing problems again.

 

Worst thing is, me and PP like to joke and have fun discussions, then we get slammed. It's getting harder and harder to post.

Pointing out someone's flaws when they are exceptional is hating. If folks say, man that PP92 is cool as hell and then you say, man his breath stinks then that is you hating. Doesn't matter if it is true, it's still hating. So yes, when someone says Okafor has a soft touch, which we all know means she he shoots it in the paint and then a UK fan says well he sucks at shooting FTs...some soft touch..then yes, that is going to be perceived as hating.

 

Trust me, I am an expert at hating. I know what it is when I see it.

 

So if I say Willie Cauley Stien is having a great year but he needs to improve his free throw shooting, I'm hating? I agree with the breathe thing but that is very personal, it's not apples to apples in my opinion.

 

I didn't take the origional FT comment that way, I thought the poster was pointing out that given his shooting ability he should be better than 50% from the line. To use a UK reference, kinda like Tony Delk.

Worst thing is, me and PP like to joke and have fun discussions, then we get slammed. It's getting harder and harder to post.

 

Who slammed you in this thread? I have to be missing something

Before doing so I would like for you to define big because most are going to point to Shaq and Wilt and their poor free throw shooting. Okafor compared to those guys isn't as big compared to his contemporaries.

 

Look I think he is a 15 year NBA guy.

 

What I meant by "big" was front court player. I think most would agree that fits.

Pointing out someone's flaws when they are exceptional is hating. If folks say, man that PP92 is cool as hell and then you say, man his breath stinks then that is you hating. Doesn't matter if it is true, it's still hating. So yes, when someone says Okafor has a soft touch, which we all know means how he shoots it in the paint and then a UK fan says well he sucks at shooting FTs...some soft touch..then yes, that is going to be perceived as hating.

 

Trust me, I am an expert at hating. I know what it is when I see it.

 

LeBron sucks.

#hater

 

#ownit

Okafor will be the #1 pick. At 50% Okafor is not a very good free throw shooter. Duke is, IMO, the only team that can beat Kentucky. (Although either team could lose to someone else along the way)

 

To debate who will win is a waste of time.

So if I say Willie Cauley Stien is having a great year but he needs to improve his free throw shooting, I'm hating? I agree with the breathe thing but that is very personal, it's not apples to apples in my opinion.

 

I didn't take the origional FT comment that way, I thought the poster was pointing out that given his shooting ability he should be better than 50% from the line. To use a UK reference, kinda like Tony Delk.

 

Not a good comparison.

 

The statement was a simple one. Okafor has a soft touch.

 

The reply was: if he has such a soft touch why is he shooting less than 50% from the line?

 

If the statement was Okafor is having an awesome year and likely the top pick in the draft next year but he needs to work on his FTs like Deandre Jordan then no biggie. To nitpick around the words "soft touch" and twist it and apply it to his FT shooting is hating.

 

If you say WCS is having a great year and then I say yeah but all he can do is block shots and dunk the ball then that is me hating on WCS.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.